Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

mine had two injectors on the top of the intake and mine made a hissing noise when it bogged down..i noticed when it would go above 1500 rpms it would drop to one injector that was spraying fuel and when it would bogg it switched over to the other injector to spray fuel..if i were you i would replace your fuel filter and see what happends
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

I noticed that you have a V-drive. I think all of those suck to some degree.

In your second video, the pump has the louder sound at the end at the pressure has built up. While it's not normal that the pump would get louder, it is normal for the sound to change. Your pump may be wearing unusual to cause that sound. It may be about to break or it may last for 1000s of more hours.

Not sure about that sucking noise.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default Re: Air sucking sound/stall?

That my friend sounds like good old fashioned vapor lock. Well, it sounds like tye engine isnt getting fuel. Now whether thats vapor lock or not I dunno. Does this only happen when you have already been running the engine or will it happen on the first crank of the day?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Lol... Sounds like a bad pump or filter I'd be replacing both.. Better to be safe and not ruin a weekend or having to get towed..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Sounds to me like the butterfly is not opening in the throttle body. Take a video with the camera pointing straight down into the throttle body. Or just try and open the butterfly valve. It sounds like it is starving for air. Similar to a carb choke getting stuck closed.
    Kraig - 2010 Outback V

That my friend sounds like good old fashioned vapor lock. Well, it sounds like tye engine isnt getting fuel. Now whether thats vapor lock or not I dunno. Does this only happen when you have already been running the engine or will it happen on the first crank of the day?
    I definitely agree that it is fuel related!

Lol... Sounds like a bad pump or filter I'd be replacing both.. Better to be safe and not ruin a weekend or having to get towed..
    I'm going to start by replacing the fuel filter. I might go ahead and get a fuel pump to have ready.

Sounds to me like the butterfly is not opening in the throttle body. Take a video with the camera pointing straight down into the throttle body. Or just try and open the butterfly valve. It sounds like it is starving for air. Similar to a carb choke getting stuck closed.
    The butterfly valve is opening when I move the throttle. Is it supposed to open some on its own at idle? If so, it definitely was not doing that.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    05 Mobius LSV - gravity 3 ballast and wake plate
    single axle trailer
    DIY hot water shower installed
    DIY tube inflator installed

Default Air sucking sound/stall?

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Does this only happen when you have already been running the engine or will it happen on the first crank of the day?
    Before you replace anything, I think you should answer this question....

I'm still in the vapor lock camp.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Before you replace anything, I think you should answer this question....

I'm still in the vapor lock camp.
    Just watching his videos it totally reminds me of the vapor lock my 05 used to get. Since the engine is starved for fuel its trying to choke itself by closing the throttle plate and use the vacuum the engine is creating to suck more fuel in. I mean it textbook sounds the same its almost creapy.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Default Air sucking sound/stall?

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Just watching his videos it totally reminds me of the vapor lock my 05 used to get. Since the engine is starved for fuel its trying to choke itself by closing the throttle plate and use the vacuum the engine is creating to suck more fuel in. I mean it textbook sounds the same its almost creapy.
    Plus, the conditions that are described are exactly the sort of thing that can produce vapor lock for me.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

When you have a problem starting, push in the throttle only button on the control, throttle up 50% to 75% and see if it starts. The iac (idle air control) valve may be stuck and not allow enough or too much air into the motor for startup or idle. If you throttle up, it will take the iac circuit out of the equation.