Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Added IBS

Hybrid View

Default Added IBS

I added an IBS to my LSV this week and tried it out today. It works great. The lake was crazy rough, but I could tell for sure it lengthened the wave for surfing. I'm looking forward to trying it on the calm river this week with the wakeboard and surfing.

I have the reversible pumps so I tied the IBS into the vent line from the center bag and replaced the 3/4 drain with 1 inch hose. I also added check valves all around. System filled and drained great. Thanks for the advice Mike and Drew.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Default Re: Added IBS

awesome deal Ron! Glad to hear it worked well.

Default Re: Added IBS

That double check valve system is key! Glad you like it.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Sweet man awesome,

Be careful running the IBS with no rear weight, the nose dives down a lot, but for wake boarding most of my riders prefer ski locker and IBS only and wake plate 100%.

Wave cleans up real nice at 21
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Sweet man awesome,

Be careful running the IBS with no rear weight, the nose dives down a lot, but for wake boarding most of my riders prefer ski locker and IBS only and wake plate 100%.

serious? rear full, center full, ibs full, wake plate 1/4 to 1/2 up, 22 mph.....
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Sweet man awesome,

Like i said MY riders, that doesn't mean everyone likes it lol.

We used to only have the factory 1200 we ran that but now that i run 3K + most dont want the wave that big, they like it 1050 up front LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

In my 02 I am running locker full and a 750 bag sitting right on top of it. Wakeplate 100% looking to add more weight this year though. Probably going to do some lead in the front and some rear weight.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    That double check valve system is key! Glad you like it.
    Did you add 2 check valves? Both sides of the vent Y?
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

So I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here but is there a way to keep the wake big behind the lsv but mellow it out a little. I am running IBS, 400 locker, and 1100's in the back only 75-80% full. I really like the size of the wake but man is it peaky at the top and a lot of the time I feel out of control when I hit it. It is a really hard pop that sometimes kicks me into a funky position.

I have ridden behind the Super Air 230 and G23 and they have a much more mellow wake even thought its way bigger. I am thinking this is just a characteristic of the hull design.

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    So I know I'm comparing apples to oranges here but is there a way to keep the wake big behind the lsv but mellow it out a little. I am running IBS, 400 locker, and 1100's in the back only 75-80% full. I really like the size of the wake but man is it peaky at the top and a lot of the time I feel out of control when I hit it. It is a really hard pop that sometimes kicks me into a funky position.

I have ridden behind the Super Air 230 and G23 and they have a much more mellow wake even thought its way bigger. I am thinking this is just a characteristic of the hull design.
    I think you have too much weight on the back of the boat. LSV like more weight in the front to get a good transition. Maybe try to put fat sac over the ski locker.......not too much on the back

Weight distribution should be 60% on front, 50 % rear.........it is how I like the wake
    Mobius LSV 2011
    GIII, V2 Tower, Indmar 325,