Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tube Rope

Default Tube Rope

I took a pledge never to have a tube on my boat. Well with kids, and nieces and nephews I'm breaking that pledge today. Question, do you hook the rope up to the ski pylon or the eye hole in the back of the boat?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    I took a pledge never to have a tube on my boat. Well with kids, and nieces and nephews I'm breaking that pledge today. Question, do you hook the rope up to the ski pylon or the eye hole in the back of the boat?
    both work but i prefer the pylon
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Tube Rope

I've always used the pylon

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Tube Rope

not that I tube or nothing but if I did I have always used the lylon

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Either of those locations are fine. Just stay away from using the tower as tubes put a lot of strain on the boat especially while the tube is plowing, before it gets up on plane...
    07 Outback DD

The pylon is very strong and is high enough to keep the rope mostly out of the water to reduce spray in the rider's face.

One thing that I do is offer crash goggles to the rider. You don't want any spray in the eyes to prevent the rider from seeing what horror awaits.

The tube can exert an enormous load if it catches on a steep wave. This is why it will void the warranty if you tow anything other than a rider who's holding the line by hand. So, don't use the tower for towing a tube.

Don't worry about image problems regarding towing a tube. People who think it's in bad taste to use a wakeboarding boat for tubing are just uptight. Just stick to the end of the lake and take breaks to minimise impact on those who need calm water.

Have fun!
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Ian hit that nail. The problem with tubes is that they never get tired and keep going forever. Usually they go out with a group and ther is no real exertion so no one ever gets tired. A 5-10 minute ride would not be unusual per rider. and with 4-6 people wanting to go you are always moving. And when the last one is done - you start over.

Unfortunately even staying to one end of the lake does not help much unless you are on a huge lake with lots of bays. The fun of tubing is making the turns. Which sends roller the entire length of the lake. Most skiers expect the lake to be crap from about 11-5, so if you keep the tubing inside those hours you would make a lot of people happy.

In those rare cases where we pull tubes it is from the pylon. But if you go out with a large crew and want to allow people to sit in the back - the rear eye certainly works.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Ian hit that nail. The problem with tubes is that they never get tired and keep going forever. Usually they go out with a group and ther is no real exertion so no one ever gets tired. A 5-10 minute ride would not be unusual per rider. and with 4-6 people wanting to go you are always moving. And when the last one is done - you start over.

Unfortunately even staying to one end of the lake does not help much unless you are on a huge lake with lots of bays. The fun of tubing is making the turns. Which sends roller the entire length of the lake. Most skiers expect the lake to be crap from about 11-5, so if you keep the tubing inside those hours you would make a lot of people happy.

In those rare cases where we pull tubes it is from the pylon. But if you go out with a large crew and want to allow people to sit in the back - the rear eye certainly works.
    That is why I never wanted a tube. I hated the boat that would come to the smoothest part of the wake, do 3 circles and leave.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Default Tube Rope

Or you can just go on a Tuesday when no one is out skiing or wakeboarding....

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Yes! Tubers Tuesday! Everyone line up and burn all your gas for the week/month on Tues.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!