Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kicker zx700.5 with wetsounds

I have the kicker amp with 2 wet sound 80's and I think 6 speakers in the boat with the sub. Wondering if I would be able to power two more wet sound speakers. Maybe 80's??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

Is this amp powering all f the above, towers cabins and subs, if so it's not enough.

It's fine for the cabins and sub, will need a good solid amp for two or four ws pro 80 towers.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Re: Kicker zx700.5 with wetsounds

Yea I'm pretty sure it's powering everything because there are no more spaces left to add speakers haha

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

ball out and get 3 amps haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Asking a hybrid class-A/B class-D 5 chnl to power 8 speakers and a sub is just too much, period. Those pro-80s, if each is wired to its own chnl alone, are only netting about 70W rms with the engine running and less with it off. You are now where near getting the true benefits of those 8" HLCD's. They need to be on their own amp.

The Kicker KXM400.4 would deliver 200W rms x 2
    The Wet sounds Syn-2 would deliver 200W rms X 2
    The Wet Sounds HT-4 would deliver 300W rms x 2

Just to name a few.

kreg,
    If the six in-boat coaxials are in a series/parallel scheme on two channels to keep the amplifier stable, then each in-boat coaxial is only getting 20 watts per speaker on average. That's really weak.
    70 watts to each tower HLCD is only a fraction of what they deserve. A Pro80 could use three to four times that power.
    If you get a second amplifier for the tower that is the right power for two or four tower speakers, and rewire the in-boat coaxials, you are going to realize the potential of your speakers for the first time. You'll be surprised....not only on the tower but in the boat. Plus, with four highpass channels of the existing Kicker amplifier dedicated to in the boats, you will be able to better balance the output of the six coaming speakers.
    The Wetsounds Syn2 2-channel amplifier will do a good job of driving a pair of Pro80s and will allow you to add a second pair. If you begin with a moderate sized bridged 4-channel amplifier on the tower it will not have the same power per speaker when and if you add a second pair. If you are certain that you are eventually going to run two pair of tower speakers then the Wetsounds SD2 is at the upper end for the Pro80s.

David

Just for fun the Exile Harpoon will power those pro 80's just fine.

match is lit, fuse is burning......
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

but but but .... the power would be the same as a syn2 right ....

SYN 2: list price of 570, class h technology, ss hardware, 13x8x2

Harpoon: list price of 700, class a/b tech, 16x10x2

... just wanted to stir the pot
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Kicker zx700.5 with wetsounds

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post

match is lit, fuse is burning......
    LOL.... I'll be using that same K700.5 to push my 2 XM9s (it's sole purpose)! I have another K700.5 for my cabins and sub! It's not the ideal set up, but it will work for the time being. I just came across another forum member selling that amp and he gave a great deal on it so I couldn't pass it up.

My best advice for you is to make a decision based on your budget. You're already under powered for sure tho, so start there! Also, there's plenty of options out there so don't get caught ip in the "Moomba Audio Web", it will suck you in and drain your sole...
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    LOL.... I'll be using that same K700.5 to push my 2 XM9s (it's sole purpose)! I have another K700.5 for my cabins and sub! It's not the ideal set up, but it will work for the time being. I just came across another forum member selling that amp and he gave a great deal on it so I couldn't pass it up.

My best advice for you is to make a decision based on your budget. You're already under powered for sure tho, so start there! Also, there's plenty of options out there so don't get caught ip in the "Moomba Audio Web", it will suck you in and drain your sole...
    I agree with this. I would strongly urge you to put that 700.5 on the Cabins only.

Then its a matter of getting the right amp, in your budget that can power your tower. Even if you cant shell out the coin for am amp big enough to power your 4 future WS you can always sell it here and upgrade.

Worst thing you can do to good tower speakers <yes i said that about WS> is Under power them, you can cause just as much damage with under powering as over powering.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]