Default the official I Hate T-Mobile thread

on my soapbox for a minute..

been with tmobile for 7.5+ years. no better or worse than any other cellphone provider really, decent service in Boise and too lazy to switch. moved to green bay. they don't have a single store here and bestbuy/wally don't sell their phones. they have a partnership with someone else and have 4g along the interstate, but I have no coverage at my house, no coverage at new house and pretty much once you are 6 miles off the main interstate no coverage at all. basically coverage for customers roaming on business. I called them to see about cancelling contract. I had 90 days left on a 2 year. you cannot talk to anyone at corporate about this, only by fax/mail(come on, it's 2013) and they make the decisions and send back via mail. they said no, basically since there's service on the interstate and the town I'm in has boundaries within the coverage area. well, service is crap so I signed up with verizon and cancelled the tmob with 75 days left. they told me on the phone that it's gonna cost $100 to cancel. cheaper than sitting with a bad service for another 3 billing cycles, but still crap if you ask me. got the bill today and sure enough.. $100 termination fee... I have another letter ready to fire off to them and give them one more chance to waive the $100 but I suspect it's going to fall on deaf ears.. not pissed about the money, really it's principle. they don't offer a "basic" service here, know it, and won't let you out..
    real nice after almost 8 years of paying the bills, what I would say a good customer never using 50% of the service limits I had and never the guy that was in at the exact 2 year mark to upgrade to the latest/greatest phones...

my new mantra is BOYCOTT T-MOBILE...

ok, off my box

is it summer here yet?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

don't have T Mobile but ill jump in your camp!!! Boycott T mobile

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Nice...

AT&T is no better my friend. Cancelled daughter off the family plan a few months early when she went her own way - $225 early termination they would absolutely not waive no matter how high up the chain I went. I've been with them since 1996 and spend a shit ton on our monthly bill with shared data extravaganza... Really?

Maybe there's a reason T-mobile doesn't exist out there?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Just one more reason come August 1 we are dumping AT&T contract plan and moving to a pre-paid plan. Estimate that we will save roughly 100 a month for our 3 phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Default Re: the official I Hate T-Mobile thread

So your mad because you signed a contract with a subsidizes phone that costs $600 and you paid $200 upfront and now want T-Mobile to eat the remaining $$$ because you moved?

In the future don't buy contract/subsidizes phones. Pay full price upfront and then go prepaid on T-Mobile or who ever works in your area... You'll save a ton of money avoiding contacts..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

You moved where there is no service. I would honor my contract but negotiate the ETF down.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    So your mad because you signed a contract with a subsidizes phone that costs $600 and you paid $200 upfront and now want T-Mobile to eat the remaining $$$ because you moved?

ISent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm ticked as the service here is absolutely horrid, admittedly so by the tmob rep, they don't sell nor service up here, that is a valid reason to let you out of a contract, but they won't since they have spotty service they stick on a map. and to make it worse, you can't even talk to a person to discuss the issue. it's all by mail. crap if you ask me.

and for the record, I was not the customer that came in at the 2yr mark expecting the newest phones all the time. I went many years without an upgrade and the last 2 phones I did get, I bought one used on ebay and swapped sims(tmob out 0$$) and the last phone I just shut off was a mid-tier price phone that I think was $200 savings for being in a contract, so I was not a drain on them financially and of the 4gigs of data per month, we rarely used 1.5 so I was a dream customer for them.

I did sign a contract with verizon again. I figured that with the plans I'm on, buying the phones vs contract is a no brainer. $70/month for prepaid and I have to shell out $300 per phone to buy. I got the phones for $29 and my total bill for same service is $143.50. show me the savings.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I'm with ya sandm. you moved to an area that has spotty service they should honor some sort of reduction on etf. you don't base your living arrangements off of cell service. loyalty now a days sucks and after being a loyal customer that long, they should show you some love. greedy arse corporate America. that's why our country is in such shambles

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV