Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to all!

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Exactly but then a lot of people think boating is all about single people and partying. Not family time. LOL
    it can be used for both...just depends what stage of life you are in lol
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Goodbye to all!

I've been raised in a family that has always had a lakehouse, boats, jetskis, etc... However, in 2011 my wife and decided to get our own boat because my son had started wakeboarding the summer before. He had always done competitive soccer and baseball but found he really enjoyed doing it on his own and has since quit the team sports to focus solely on wakeboarding. Since we got the boat, we are on the water most everyday practicing and learning together. We eat sandwiches for dinner on the boat, many times we have breakfast on the boat too. We just recently purchased a lot on the lake and will be building our "retirement" house soon. While my wife and I miss the baseball/soccer tournaments and chatting with parents etc but I would let trade what we are doing now for anything. My son will only be at home for 5-6 more years and we are going to make the most of it while we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Default Re: Goodbye to all!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    it can be used for both...just depends what stage of life you are in lol
    Exactly! Adult getaway or a straight family time... either way.

Good luck on the pool and stay in touch.

Sent from my iPhone 5... ya right!

PWI as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    It's for the young, the old and everyone in between. I wanted lots of kids. By the time the youngest one is gone I'll need the boat for the grand-kids. And I'll still be surfing!!!!! Hope I have that 360 by then though. (Berg too.)
    Amen brother. Sometimes I catch myself wishing they would be on their way. Then I realize they are my life.

My kids will be borrowing the boat from Dad in the next 10 years or less - count on it - until they get their own. Then grandpa (me) will be out there showing the hotshot punks a thing or two cutting up the waves and later hearing them tell my kids how cool their dad is for an old guy...

This is what it was like for me growing up - only it was snow skiing. My dad didn't even start until he was in his forties and then we went dozens of times every winter. My buddies were always blown away how cool my dad was when we went to the mountain so the stage has been set.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Well, I'm way cooler than my Dad ever was but he did have several jet boats. He once took an old aluminum cabin cruiser and dropped a brand new 454 Chevy in it with a Berkley jet. It would SCREAM across the water or pull 6 skiers at a time loaded with people all over it. Guy had some imagination before he decided to get old and cranky.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Funny. I worked for a guy when I was a kid who had a big 27-28' cabin cruiser, can't recall the make, but he did similar. Put a big 502HO in it and I swear the thing would do 50+. Surprised a lot of smaller boats when he'd open it up and go roaring away like a dragster disguised as a motorhome. I'm not much into big cruisers yet but that would have been a fun boat to own.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Damn, that brought tears to my eyes, Skylar Good luck on the transition and you can still come here to fix the itch.

I have diapers and drivers permits, so I will be doing this for a while, Kane has me beat by one kid, but he and berg with most likely beat me to the 360.
    Our photo galley on our lcd picture frame has tons of boating photos. they are all over the lake house and residence have our lake and boating experience. The kids grow fast and it shows, Its been 6 years since we bought our place and first Moomba and I could not think of leaving it. even though we only get a few good months.

For Jr. I am trying to figure out how I can mount the Jonny jumper to the v2 tower while surfing... I remember someone on here did that.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post

sounds like you and the wife are preparing for the next phase in life called grandparents!!

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    I just read this and went outside to hyperventilate!!!!!!!

Hopefully we are still 6 - 10 years away from that. Being a grandparent is so far outside my realm of thought right now that I can't even comprehend!
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

[QUOTE=kaneboats;216550]It's for the young, the old and everyone in between. I wanted lots of kids. By the time the youngest one is gone I'll need the boat for the grand-kids. And I'll still be surfing!!!!! [QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%. neither me or my sis will ever have kids, but the boat has been a great family getaway that has brought us closer together and made some great friends over the last 6 years. I only wish I would have bought one in my 20's not 40's... I wouldn't trade any of the memories for anything..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

[QUOTE=sandm;216569][QUOTE=kaneboats;216550]It's for the young, the old and everyone in between. I wanted lots of kids. By the time the youngest one is gone I'll need the boat for the grand-kids. And I'll still be surfing!!!!!

I agree with this 100%. neither me or my sis will ever have kids, but the boat has been a great family getaway that has brought us closer together and made some great friends over the last 6 years. I only wish I would have bought one in my 20's not 40's... I wouldn't trade any of the memories for anything..
    Glad to see someone hear doesn't think I made an irresponsible finacial decision lol
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD