Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sub install in a 2006 moomba outback

Thanks in advance for your help.. I am looking to install a sub in the drivers side console. How is the best way to run the wire to get it from the drivers side to the passanger side?

there should be a pass way behind the observation seat that gos under the bow walkway..if you have weed eater string just run that through and tape the speaker wire to it and pull it
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

pull the starboard bow cushion and open up the port observers compartment door. You will be able to see (and feel on both sides) the opening that goes all the way through under the walkway to the bow. Eazy Peazy!!
    FWIW - If your considering putting a sub in the foot rest you might want to rethink the idea of a sealed or ported box in it's place or installed on top of the footrest. You'll be much happier in the long run.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I just install my amp also on my outback 2006.....I didn't know there was a pass way. I passed my wires from one side to another under the seat in the bow!! I also build a small box for the sub.... I'm 6'3" and it not in the way at all
    image.jpg

Here some more picturesimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

to tag onto this thread,......could I ground my amp on the buss bar under my console? and mount it near the sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
    to tag onto this thread,......could I ground my amp on the buss bar under my console? and mount it near the sub?
    I don't recommend it as you will most likely get noise from the engine, blow fan, and wake plate.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thank mmandley!

I am already getting popping thru speakers when I use wake plate. I cannot figure out why that is happening either

Absolutely not. The cables feeding the helm buss are only intended to carry the load of the boat systems and some additional low current draw accessories. They are not sufficient to carry the load of an amp that might be drawing 50A of current. The amp's ground cable needs to terminate directly to a battery ground. The amp's B+ needs to terminate directly to a battery B+ post or dual battery switch, depending on your specific setup.

Thank mmandley!

I am already getting popping thru speakers when I use wake plate. I cannot figure out why that is happening either
    Your pop is most likely caused by the wake plate motor itself. Its a relatively simple fix that involves wiring in a couple of CAPs across the switch. Try doing a search here as I think Phil with Kicker has posted on this subject a few times and has specs on the CAP's and a wiring diagram.