Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 2005 Mobius LSV not getting fuel to the engine

I have a 2005 Mobius LSV that won't start. I've never had this problem before, it's always started right up, but when I went to put it in for the first time this weekend, it wouldn't start. The engine turns over fine, but won't start. At first I thought it might be the kill switch but checked it by bridging the two wires and that did nothing. Then we pour a little gas in the throttle body and it started right up, but stalls after the gas runs out. We checked the fuel filter and there's fuel in it and it's not clogged. Has anyone had this problem, and is there something else I can check that would cause this?

When is the last time you changed the fuel filter?

Sounds like its not getting fuel, so run through that system. Filter, pump, etc.

Is that a carb or fuel injected motor?

Fuel Injected or carb? If injected go to autozone and borrow a fuel pressure gauge and check the pressure. If carbourated ask someone old.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

It's fuel injected. I've never changed the fuel filter and I bought the boat new in 2005. We pulled the fuel filter off and blew on it and fuel came out of it, so I don't think that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Garland21 View Post
    It's fuel injected. I've never changed the fuel filter and I bought the boat new in 2005. We pulled the fuel filter off and blew on it and fuel came out of it, so I don't think that's the problem.
    Start there. Cheap & easy and really something you need to do every year, especially with the ethanol gas.

I have disconnected the fuel fead line at the base of the back of the engine (on the outback at least) and cycled the ignition switch to on. If everthing works, the pump will "prime" and fuel will shoot out of the hose. No, it's not "safe" or environmentally friendly, but it is free and no tools. That will let you know if you have flow up to the injectors. If no fuel comes out, you look further back toward the fuel tank.

A gauge will tell you the pressure, which is good info unless the pressure is zero.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Catch the fuel and dump it in the lawnmower. I used to use my extra "mixed" 2 cycle gas in the lawnmower all the time back in the outboard days. Good for mosquito control too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    I have disconnected the fuel fead line at the base of the back of the engine (on the outback at least) and cycled the ignition switch to on. If everthing works, the pump will "prime" and fuel will shoot out of the hose. No, it's not "safe" or environmentally friendly, but it is free and no tools. That will let you know if you have flow up to the injectors. If no fuel comes out, you look further back toward the fuel tank.

A gauge will tell you the pressure, which is good info unless the pressure is zero.
    Do our boats have a Schrader valve on the fuel rail? If so then you can just turn the ignition on and press the valve in and fuel should squirt out.
    2015 Supra SE 550

thanks for all of the feedback. As soon as it stops raining here in Michigan, I'm going to replace the fuel filter and check if the pump is priming the fuel. I'll let you know what happens, hopefully tomorrow...

mine was bad and bogging..so i started with cleaning the injectors(didnt fix it) so next i replaced the fuel filter(found them at a diesel shop..west marine thought i was crazy when i told them the inlet and outlet size) still didnt fix it..even tho the old filter was rusted out...next thing i did was i bought a new fuel pump and that fixed it
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)