Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indmar Surf 345

Default Indmar Surf 345

How does this engine compare to the 325? Obvious is Obvious, more HP and Torque, but what makes it so special that it won some innovation awards etc?

Default Indmar Surf 345

Quote Originally Posted by loudsubz View Post
    How does this engine compare to the 325? Obvious is Obvious, more HP and Torque, but what makes it so special that it won some innovation awards etc?
    I had the 325 in my 2010 LSV and now have the 345 in my 2013. Night and day difference in as you said the obvious hp and torque. I think the "special" thing with the surf motor is it recirculates oil when boat is weighted for surfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

cuz its a beast...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default Indmar Surf 345

Advantages of the New Indmar 345 HP Assault Engine
    Posted by Dan Miller on Thursday, April 19, 2012

One really nice thing about working with Indmar as our exclusive engine supplier is that they allow each manufacturer to customize engine offerings for their product lines. For 2012, Skier's Choice and Indmar teamed up to introduce the industry's first Surf-friendly engine - The Assault 345. It is not only a first, it is an Exclusive! You can only buy this engine in Supra or a Moomba boat built by Skier's Choice. And it's not just a great Surf Engine. It is a durable, and powerful option for any watersports activities. And ..(yes ther's more).....The 5.7L Assault 345 was award the coveted 2011 International Boatbuilders Exhibition (IBEX) Innovation Award! No other engine in the inboard category has won this award.

Imagine an inboard motor built to protect itself from the rugged watersports it powers day after day. The WakeSurf protection features alone, gives reason a customer may want to upgrade to this iconic, soon to be imitated premium engine. The 345 Assault was engineered to take full use of it’s horse power and 370 lb-ft of torque for astonishingly quick yet silky smooth acceleration in even the worst marine conditions.

Here are some of the outstanding features on the Assault 345:
    •Air–Oil Separator - to prevent oil induction into the PCV - normal motors dump this extra oil back into the engine causing excessive oil burn, and potential longer term engine issues.
    •Oversized 7 Quart oil pan with Baffling - This keeps the motor lubricated, even when it is titlted at extreme angles.
    •Precision CNC machined billet aluminum pulleys provide greater tolerances and superior performance
    •Serpentine belt - to grip better, and last longer.
    •Water lines, cylinder head gaskets, fuel injector tips and the fuel rail are all made out of stainless steel - to provide an additional layer of protection against corrosion
    •Top mount starters - help keep the starter out away from water in the bilge.
    •High-flow cylinder head with straighter intake ports and a higher compression ratio- to deliver impressive horsepower.
    •Roller valve lifters- for reduced friction and improved performance
    •95 Amp Alternator - to power all of the "Extras" on today's performance boats.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Advantages of the New Indmar 345 HP Assault Engine
    Posted by Dan Miller on Thursday, April 19, 2012

One really nice thing about working with Indmar as our exclusive engine supplier is that they allow each manufacturer to customize engine offerings for their product lines. For 2012, Skier's Choice and Indmar teamed up to introduce the industry's first Surf-friendly engine - The Assault 345. It is not only a first, it is an Exclusive! You can only buy this engine in Supra or a Moomba boat built by Skier's Choice. And it's not just a great Surf Engine. It is a durable, and powerful option for any watersports activities. And ..(yes ther's more).....The 5.7L Assault 345 was award the coveted 2011 International Boatbuilders Exhibition (IBEX) Innovation Award! No other engine in the inboard category has won this award.

Imagine an inboard motor built to protect itself from the rugged watersports it powers day after day. The WakeSurf protection features alone, gives reason a customer may want to upgrade to this iconic, soon to be imitated premium engine. The 345 Assault was engineered to take full use of it’s horse power and 370 lb-ft of torque for astonishingly quick yet silky smooth acceleration in even the worst marine conditions.

Here are some of the outstanding features on the Assault 345:
    •Air–Oil Separator - to prevent oil induction into the PCV - normal motors dump this extra oil back into the engine causing excessive oil burn, and potential longer term engine issues.
    •Oversized 7 Quart oil pan with Baffling - This keeps the motor lubricated, even when it is titlted at extreme angles.
    •Precision CNC machined billet aluminum pulleys provide greater tolerances and superior performance
    •Serpentine belt - to grip better, and last longer.
    •Water lines, cylinder head gaskets, fuel injector tips and the fuel rail are all made out of stainless steel - to provide an additional layer of protection against corrosion
    •Top mount starters - help keep the starter out away from water in the bilge.
    •High-flow cylinder head with straighter intake ports and a higher compression ratio- to deliver impressive horsepower.
    •Roller valve lifters- for reduced friction and improved performance
    •95 Amp Alternator - to power all of the "Extras" on today's performance boats.

That looks pretty good. Have there been any issues with older 325 engines from surfing?

Default Indmar Surf 345

I don't think any issues have been validated, but there was a lot of chatter a few yrs back about the oil not circulating properly when the boat was listed heavily to one side.

You drive cars around corners (not usually with high banking like racers do but still). They key with the 325 is to keep your oil level topped off. Still, I'd order the 345 if I was getting a new boat. The starter and alternator setup alone is worth it plus everything else.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Having put almost 30 hours on the new 345 its night and day from the 325. It pulls harder out of the hole with ballast then the 325. I have the same 1235 prop on my 345 as i did the LSV 325 and the LSV had to be upgraded when i started running 2500lbs of ballast.

The 345 is truly a beast, also something not mentioned, it sounds a lot bigger bad badder then its little brother the 325.

I'm very glad to have the upgraded 345, not my oil changes did get about $10 bucks more expensive due to 2 extra quarts but hey, its worth it to know you have more oil in the pan to protect it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

as has allready been said. night and day difference in performance with weight when surfing.

the thing just sounds awsome too.

kinda think its getting better gph too as its not working as hard.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Re: Indmar Surf 345

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post

The 345 is truly a beast, also something not mentioned, it sounds a lot bigger bad badder then its little brother the 325.
    Kinda funny you mention this, yet organized the FAE group buy.