Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to all!

Default Goodbye to all!

Well I sold the boat today. A lot of tears in my house last night when we realized this was really going to happen. Having a boat for 10 years and my Sunsport for the last six has been a big part of our lives.

We have an electronic picture frame that scrolls through about a thousand pictures and it seems like 75% of them are with us on the lake. Seeing how little our kids were when they were learning to ski, wakeboard and surf and now as my younger one just got her drivers license and my older son going off to college makes my wife and I pretty emotional.

My wife and I figured out how much money we spent on our 2 boats, marina storage, gas, food, maintenance, every upgrade imaginable (Man a good sound system is expensive), wakeboards, wakesurf boards, ropes, etc and our per month cost was astronomical.

Was it worth it? Absolutly! The family time and memories have been priceless. Both my kids were in select soccer and volleyball, and I am glad that we balanced our time so our only memories of our kids were from the sidelines of a sporting event watching them play something. That was also rewarding but I can remember very few moments from all of those games. However, I think I remember every outing out on the lake, and we were out there a ton.

Though I haven't been too active lately I still come on here every day to read what is going on. Thanks to all of have provided advice and friendship over the years.

Good luck to all and Good Bye!
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

Are you keeping the Sunsport? No reason to sign off forever!!!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Thats exciting and sad man, Exciting all the memories you have and sad that your leaving boating behind right now.

I think you will return in time, when life relaxes and expenses allow.

Take it easy man.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yep the Sunsport is sold.

Son is off to college in August, and my daughter just doesn't have the interest in it anymore. She actually started wakeboarding at 5 or 6 and has gotten a bit burned out by it.

With them not as interested or able, my wife and I are in the process of putting in a complete outdoor living area in our backyard with pool, kitchen area, and fire pit. We are calling it our first step to getting old and getting ready for retirement.

By the way, building a pool is more stressful daily than the absolute most stressful incident out on the lake. It has been a complete debacle!
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V

i say if you sold both then pick up some jetskis..but best of luck buddy
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Default Goodbye to all!

that almost made me cry skylar! much as I wanna hit a fast fwd button sometimes and get my kids out the house as soon as I picture the empt nest I smack the rewind button. sounds like you provided a great childhood for your kids and memories that will last forever.

sounds like you and the wife are preparing for the next phase in life called grandparents!!

Sent from this thing called tapatalk 2
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    that almost made me cry skylar! much as I wanna hit a fast fwd button sometimes and get my kids out the house as soon as I picture the empt nest I smack the rewind button. sounds like you provided a great childhood for your kids and memories that will last forever.
    Agree with this 100% and what skyler posted about the memories. we all need to try and relax and enjoy the moments we have with our children.

Whats funny about all this is everyone I talk to at work who does not share a boating lifestyle hassles me about how I will have to sell the boat once Heidi and I decided to have kids. They just don't get it, boating is a GREAT family activity, a way for the whole family to get together and everyone have fun, if anything, when you have kids is the time you should be buying a boat. Not selling.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Whats funny about all this is everyone I talk to at work who does not share a boating lifestyle hassles me about how I will have to sell the boat once Heidi and I decided to have kids. They just don't get it, boating is a GREAT family activity, a way for the whole family to get together and everyone have fun, if anything, when you have kids is the time you should be buying a boat. Not selling.
    Exactly but then a lot of people think boating is all about single people and partying. Not family time. LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

It's for the young, the old and everyone in between. I wanted lots of kids. By the time the youngest one is gone I'll need the boat for the grand-kids. And I'll still be surfing!!!!! Hope I have that 360 by then though. (Berg too.)
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!