Default Need sealant for transom remote

I am installing the Kenwood 107mr remote on the transom of our boat. The remotes are bigger than the factory remotes that came with the boat so I had to enlarge the holes slighty to get it to fit. It wasn't too bad but kinda nerve racking when dealing with the actual fiberglass. Anyways, I am wanting to see what kind of sealant I should use to finish it up. I want to make sure and get a nice water tight seal on it.
    2006 Moomba XLV Gravity Games

3m 4200 Expoxy - Great seal but can be dissassembled. That's what I'd recommend.
    3m 5200 Epoxy is permanent and seal tight as well if no need to take back apart someday. That's why I'd recommend the first!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Clear automotive silicone. Look at the seem under your rub rail were the upper and lower part of the boat is put together and that's what you will see. It is also the same thing fish aquariums are put together with and I have never had an aquarium leak. And if you ever want to replace the remote it will come apart with out damaging the gel coat.
    Patrick
    '08 Mobius LS. 4 Blade OJ 13x13 Prop.
    Kenwood KMR440U & RC107MR, T600-2 Rockford Fosgate powering 2 Liquid Acoustics 8" HLCD, Kicker SKM10 subwoofer
    5 light- light bar.
    2015 RAM 3500HD Dually 6.7 Diesel w/ Aisin 6 speed tranny
    Live life today!

I know this is an old thread but I am about to install my new radio remote and the transom has a very slight curve. Can 4200 be used with the rubber gasket or should I ditch the gasket and just use the 4200?