Default Upgrading towers and amps... Exiled?? maybe...

Aight guys, have a few quick questions but let me give you the low down first...

The 08 LSV I just picked up last month came with a "workable" system... just no REAL towers! Everything is Kicker Components, with 700.5 powering cabins and a 10" sub and a 300 powering some basic kicker speakers in the Roswell Cans.

At first I started researching which HLCDs I could just swap out the Kickers for, but most everything I found required some cutting or mod'ing to make them fit the Cans so I've decided to just sell the Roswell cans with the Kicker speakers w/tweeters and just buy some HLCDs!

Also, I already picked up a Krypt EQ from jmvotto (Thanks Joe) and still waiting on Rgargipee to send me his K700.5 to replace my 300 to push the new towers... I know this isn't the best set up, but it was a good deal that I can make work! (Thanks Robby)

I already sent Brian a message through the forum to see what he has, but in the mean time I have a couple questions...

1) If I were to go with the XM7s will I have any problems mounting them with my Z5 Cargo rack or do they fit just fine?
    2) If I sell the Roswell Cans with the Kicker speakers and tweeters with the 300amp (maybe 250.2?), what should I list them for?

Thanks,
    Taylor
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Aight guys, have a few quick questions but let me give you the low down first...

The 08 LSV I just picked up last month came with a "workable" system... just no REAL towers! Everything is Kicker Components, with 700.5 powering cabins and a 10" sub and a 300 powering some basic kicker speakers in the Roswell Cans.

At first I started researching which HLCDs I could just swap out the Kickers for, but most everything I found required some cutting or mod'ing to make them fit the Cans so I've decided to just sell the Roswell cans with the Kicker speakers w/tweeters and just buy some HLCDs!

Also, I already picked up a Krypt EQ from jmvotto (Thanks Joe) and still waiting on Rgargipee to send me his K700.5 to replace my 300 to push the new towers... I know this isn't the best set up, but it was a good deal that I can make work! (Thanks Robby)

I already sent Brian a message through the forum to see what he has, but in the mean time I have a couple questions...

1) If I were to go with the XM7s will I have any problems mounting them with my Z5 Cargo rack or do they fit just fine?
    2) If I sell the Roswell Cans with the Kicker speakers and tweeters with the 300amp (maybe 250.2?), what should I list them for?

Thanks,
    Taylor
    No problems mounting xm7s with a z5. That's my set up and and you can adjust the z5 if clearance is an issue.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Good to know David, thanks!! I'm not a big fan of running the towers above the top rail so just wanted to make sure they fit normal.
    If anybody has a pair of xm7s they wanna sell me to upgrade just let me know....
    2008 LSV Blue on White

i just picked up 7's from brian and got a harpoon 1k ( from a fellow member )to push them..cant wait to hear them..i use to run regular rockford 6" on the tower so you will love the updates
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Well.... I called Brian... We had a good talk about what I wanted out of my current set up and what I wanted to improve out the gate! We were both on the same page as far as getting set up right with the towers first, then the cabins, then later I will swap out the 10" sub for a 12", which is when I'll need to step up my amps....
    Anywayyyyysss to make a long story short, Brian at Exile hooked me up with some GREAT gear at some GREAT prices today! I have a pair of XM9s and 2 pairs of SXT65-M for the cabin headed my way!!! I'm pumped, to say the least!!!!!
    Thanks to everyone here on the forum on older threads for info and several of you that I pm'd for other info! Much appreciated!!! Big shout out to Mike!
    Taylor
    Last edited by tgoody14; 05-20-2013 at 07:56 PM.
    2008 LSV Blue on White

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Well.... I called Brian... We had a good talk about what I wanted out of my current set up and what I wanted to improve out the gate! We were both on the same page as far as getting set up right with the towers first, then the cabins, then later I will swap out the 10" sub for a 12", which is when I'll need to step up my amps....
    Anywayyyyysss to make a long story short, Brian at Exile hooked me up with some GREAT gear at some GREAT prices today! I have a pair of XM9s and 2 pairs of SXT65-M for the cabin headed my way!!! I'm pumped, to say the least!!!!!
    Thanks to everyone here on the forum on older threads for info and several of you that I pm'd for other info! Much appreciated!!! Big shout out to Mike!
    Taylor
    Thanks

I'm always willing to help out, glad you got what you wanted. Post up the pic when you get it installed.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

second to mike and brian..mike has helped me a lot on the hook of aalllll these damned wires lol..its crazy building amp racks/sub box and wiring everything up...like mike told me..do it right the first time and you wont have to worry about it
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)