Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Oz Tower Hand Knob Doesn't Tighten?

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    standing outside the boat with my wife or daughter holding the tower up, I have to push the base of the tower inwards and can then get the hand knob to start, otherwise its not going to work at all. its all gotta line up just perfect. had the same issue at first and was cussing up a storm that first day i put the tower up.
    Same here. But I've learned how to do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    Same here. But I've learned how to do it myself.

how?????? stupid 10 characters
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Oz Tower Hand Knob Doesn't Tighten?

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    how?????? stupid 10 characters
    While in the boat, facing the side hook my front arm around the tower by tower speakers and lift quickly by leaning back . When the tower gets up I shake the tower to get it passed the area that I used to push in. As it gets passed that I start the knob to secure it. On the other side I just pull down quickly and start that knob.

It is much harder than having my son help but it is doable. On many days I get the boat ready before he gets home from school so we can leave right as he gets home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by IGotTheBoatItch View Post
    I just got a 2013 Outback V and I noticed that the hand knob to tighten one side of the Oz tower won't tighten because it doesn't catch. Is anyone else having this issue? The dealer told me that this is not a major concern, but I feel uncomfortable towing people with only one bolt holding the tower up.
    2013 LSV does the same thing. Pull the back of the base toward you a little (from inside the boat) while turning the knob and it will catch.

You have to pull pretty hard.

I havI have a 2013 LSV. On my fourth time out brought the boat home to put in the garage and couldn't get the bolt to reverse out of the tower my 10 year had no issue earlier in the day screwing it in so I’m sure it did get stripped. Called the dealer asked what do he said just put a racket on it and I said won’t that destroy the knob he’s like sure we will send you a new one right away. Guess what snapped the bolt off inside the rack. Guess how much fun it is to extract a bolt from that tower rack not very easy worst engineering design I’ve ever seen. After an hour with an easyout and tap got the bolt parts out. So now I’m 4 days out and my dealer hasn’t sent the new part yet called him 3 times and I just wasted a day off that I couldn’t go boating. Really digging my new LSV and the awesome dealer I have wish I would have bought that MasterCraft.e a 2013 LSV on my 4 time out brought the boat home to put in the garage and couldn't get the bolt to reverse out of the boat my 10 year had no issue earlier in the day screwing it in.

Got the same issue - figured if I tighten drivers side first then tighten the other side it works - many 4 letter words have been uttered the first time I tried to put the tower up! This shouldn't be this way on a brand new boat...
    rileyk
    2013 Mobius LSV
    Exile XM 9 tower speakers