Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think I may stick with my old seal. Don't have to replace it but about every 5 years. Would never add up to a dripless price
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

i was thinking about getting this one: http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2181
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

I'll put my 2 cents in here. First, a dry bilge? What is that? If you have a dry bilge, you are playing hard enough!

As for which shaft seal to use, I think it depends on the boat. For a DD, a standard seal is probably the way to go. For a V-drive, they are harder to get to, so I can understand having a dripless. My original packing still works just fine, and I am at 560 hours, and only tightened it once.

I just took mine apart and there wasn't a piece of packing left in the nut! I was going to go dripless as well but since I have it apart I ordered the Gortex and going to give that a shot as I am trying to get the boat ready for Memorial weekend and there is no way my mechanic would have it done!
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    so im pretty sure my dripless shaft cooling line comes from the hoses between the exhaust manifolds, it sounds like yall are saying this is wrong so here are my two questions, why would they design it wrong from the factory and where should it be tied in at?
    trial n error....they discovered the problem in 2009 so some 09 have them that way and some do not. As far as i can figure.....just an oopsy
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I checked mine and it was super loose. I tightened a little. I will make my final adjustments on the water tonite when we get to camp.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold