Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E15 Fuel

Default Re: E15 Fuel

Thr problem w/ ethanol fuels is when you allow it to sit for any length of time, ie lawn mowers etc, boats while stored for winter, anything that sits for a prolonged period of time. The longer it sits the more water it pulls in, and the more the ethanol settles/seperates in he tank. So when you start the motor you get a straight shot of ethanol and water, doing serious damage do to the higher concentrations of both.

Sent from my iPhone 5... ya right!

PWI as usual...

Default E15 Fuel

It's an EPA ruling issue David. Because we are in counties that surround Harris County, Where Houston is, we are required to sell ethanol based gas as well. They can get exemptions at marinas, but you have to have a distributor that will deliver. Seems that most aren't interested since the market is so small.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    It's an EPA ruling issue David. Because we are in counties that surround Harris County, Where Houston is, we are required to sell ethanol based gas as well. They can get exemptions at marinas, but you have to have a distributor that will deliver. Seems that most aren't interested since the market is so small.
    AH HA! Leave it to Ron to know the right answer! Stinkin EPA
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default E15 Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    AH HA! Leave it to Ron to know the right answer! Stinkin EPA
    Frickin Hippies!
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

there seem to be fewer and fewer stations that sell e-free fuel and I'm sure the list will grow shorter. if e15 gets a foothold, it's going to be hard to find anything but. amazing that the gov't knows what's good for us when in the end, all ethanol is doing is driving food prices up, dropping mileage in vehicles and lining farmers pockets with green.. sure it helps save x barrels of oil a day, but so would helping eliminate the thousands of commuters daily driving miles and miles to work in a full size suv with no one else on board..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default E15 Fuel

The farmers lobby is very strong and, not surprisingly, they are behind E15. The oil companies and auto manufacturers are fighting it. I expect lawsuits. Lots of money in this fight.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

For once, I am lucky to live where I live. Most of the gas stations in my area (Conoco) proudly state that they have ethanol free gas. And they are usually cheaper than the other stations. Fortunately for me, I have one station within a mile of the launch and conveniently on the way there.
    07 Outback V

Replicants are like any other machine - they're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem.

Here is an old post where we talked about ethanol use.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ol-information

Well, it looks like the like to the PDF is missing.

Here is a link to a post on Planet Nautique with the text of the letter.

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...s-With-Ethanol