Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E15 Fuel

Default E15 Fuel

Read a bulletin today that with the approval of the sell of E15 fuel that several gas stations are beginning to sell it in place of the E10. According to the bulletin, this amount of ethanol can be very corrosive when left in a gas tank and not recommended in lawnmowers, weedeaters and other small engine equipment. I have not seen anything on its affect on marine equipment. Has anyone read anything on this fuel for marine use or know what Moomba's stance on using this fuel?

in return means i will never run e15 in any of my stuff haha..just sucks that its hard to find any fuel thats non ethanol in it haha..i did find a spot that did tho when i was going up to my buddys camp
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Default E15 Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by rvette View Post
    Has anyone read anything on this fuel for marine use or know what Moomba's stance on using this fuel?
    I don't know that SC has, or will, put anything official out there, but I'm sure they would recommend avoiding E15.

I cruised through the midwest and saw a 1/2 dozen flavors of gas at one station. You don't want to just hit any button any more. E85, E15, E20 blah blah blah.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default E15 Fuel

When is Indmar going to give us a flex fuel boat engine? Lol

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I read recently that the car manufacturers are putting up a fight about E15. I can't remember which brands, might be Toyota, but some are claiming E15 will void the manufacturers warranty.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

The article also said it was just stupid to use E15 in anything on the water. Ya think?!?!?
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

E15 will definitely have more water and therefore corrosion. I know Ilmor has specifically come out and said DO NOT run it. It's absurd they are pushing this stuff, the who ethanol thing is just STUPID.

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is fighting the E15 ruling and will have a DC protest on June 19th. Ironically, it is the same day the IRS is auditing their non-exempt status...lol.

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...orThought.aspx
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Default E15 Fuel

Not good, I guess SEMA couldn't get congress to enact legislation to stop the sale of it. They were fighting the epa's appeoval of it. Of 8 engines tested by the Coordinating Research Council (CRC) 2 failed.
    -Jake