Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Maybe it is just good luck, but the fix I did is easier than all of that. My boat vapor locked a couple of times, very aggravating, and I do change the filter every year. (I have the spin-on type.) I started putting Sta-Bil Marine Ethanol treatment in my tank EVERY time I get gas, and have never had another problem. As some of the posts above refer to the ethanol lowering the boiling point of the fuel, the fuel treatment seems to solve this.

I seem to be killing two birds with one stone, no vapor locking, and preventing the harmful effects of running ethanol.

Most every fuel tank has a baffle around the pickup to reduce the chance of fuel starvation. Unless you sustain a turn, the pump should not run out of fuel at the pickup (nor should your car). Sure, it can happen.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    Maybe it is just good luck, but the fix I did is easier than all of that. My boat vapor locked a couple of times, very aggravating, and I do change the filter every year. (I have the spin-on type.) I started putting Sta-Bil Marine Ethanol treatment in my tank EVERY time I get gas, and have never had another problem. As some of the posts above refer to the ethanol lowering the boiling point of the fuel, the fuel treatment seems to solve this.

I seem to be killing two birds with one stone, no vapor locking, and preventing the harmful effects of running ethanol.
    I also use marine sta-Bil everytime I fill up with fuel. My dealer sent an email to us about three years ago suggesting that we do that.
    Skylar18
    2007 Sunsport 22V