Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Aren't the 07 and 12 the same boat, 13 was the change that was mojoized.

Zero off keeps the speed control constant. Best option
    Ahh yes sir you are correct. Guess i skipped a year LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

You mentioned you are running 650 IBS wakeplate? Sorry, what does that mean? Did you change the wakeplate from the original one in your boat? I am stumped by the 650 and if that means pounds or what does that mean?

THanks for your help. I went and got some 1100 pound rear bags and a few side bags (2 x 350's) and 1 x 450 so we'll see what happens. Like other guys have mentioned on this thread it does seem like it is difficult to hold speed consistently. I have digital cruise pro and maybe I should have gotten the Zero OFF GPS?

THanks

Dan
    2012 Moomba LSV
    2011 GMC 2500 Duramax

I think he was just saying he has a 650lb Integrated Bow Sac (IBS) and that he runs the wakeplate half way down. No changes to the wakeplate.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Ah gotcha, sorry was reading it incorrectly.

GOOD news though! I decided to put in an 1100 lb bag in the rear left (regular foot side) to see if my wave would be better/more consistent etc. As I mentioned when I started this post I had a 750 in there before. So, we filled the 1100 bag to as full as reasonable. We put about 20 % water in a 750 bag on the right rear (so maybe about 75 pounds or so). We had the middle ballast (the ski locker bag) to about 70% and then we had a 200 lb guy and a 130 lb girl sitting on the rear sun deck (regular side obviously) and we had a great wave. We do only have the Digital Pass pro so what we are doing to not get "surging" and inconsistent speed is this: we SET to the ON position and set it for 10. We are actually now wathcing for 2500 or 2600 RPM's on the left dial (so manually because digital pass pro does not have the capability to run solely of RPM so to speak) and when we hit that 2500 0r 2600 we press OFF and then it actually holds that rpm. Now when your rider stops or you are stopping the boat we press it back to ON so that you are ready to be in the ON/cruise position when you pull up your surfer. If you dont do that you will forget and it will be in the OFF position and get too much speed or whatever. This seems like alot of work but just hittin the ON and having it go to 10 and actually stay there DOES NOT WORK with digital pass pro (at least we find that), it fluctuates too much, sometimes anywhere from 9.4 to 10.6 or whatever so it's hard to keep the surfer on the wave. We put a 400 on the rear left seat right next to the tower base and that added even a bit better/cleaner wave. I am sure I can keep adding but at what point is this boat way beyond the weight capacity.
    2012 Moomba LSV
    2011 GMC 2500 Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Ah gotcha, sorry was reading it incorrectly.

GOOD news though! I decided to put in an 1100 lb bag in the rear left (regular foot side) to see if my wave would be better/more consistent etc. As I mentioned when I started this post I had a 750 in there before. So, we filled the 1100 bag to as full as reasonable. We put about 20 % water in a 750 bag on the right rear (so maybe about 75 pounds or so). We had the middle ballast (the ski locker bag) to about 70% and then we had a 200 lb guy and a 130 lb girl sitting on the rear sun deck (regular side obviously) and we had a great wave. We do only have the Digital Pass pro so what we are doing to not get "surging" and inconsistent speed is this: we SET to the ON position and set it for 10. We are actually now wathcing for 2500 or 2600 RPM's on the left dial (so manually because digital pass pro does not have the capability to run solely of RPM so to speak) and when we hit that 2500 0r 2600 we press OFF and then it actually holds that rpm. Now when your rider stops or you are stopping the boat we press it back to ON so that you are ready to be in the ON/cruise position when you pull up your surfer. If you dont do that you will forget and it will be in the OFF position and get too much speed or whatever. This seems like alot of work but just hittin the ON and having it go to 10 and actually stay there DOES NOT WORK with digital pass pro (at least we find that), it fluctuates too much, sometimes anywhere from 9.4 to 10.6 or whatever so it's hard to keep the surfer on the wave. We put a 400 on the rear left seat right next to the tower base and that added even a bit better/cleaner wave. I am sure I can keep adding but at what point is this boat way beyond the weight capacity.
    If you have a 1100 in the rear, then you really dont need to add sacs, just the people will be enough. Take that 400 and toss it in the walkway in the BOW you need to fill the 400 bag till its full in the ski locker. The nose weight will make the pocket much longer.

Also with your RPM try setting it to 2800-2900 this will flatten the steep ramp on the wave right behind the boat, it will also cause the Push <power> in the wave to lengthen and make your pocket longer as well.

You can very easily make your wave look like this. This is my 08 but same hull, 1100 surf side, 300 opposite, 400 ski locker and 600 in the nose

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Awesome, really appreciate that. I will have to take some pics and post them. Nice to have this forum specific to Moomba to share ideas etc. Thanks again!
    2012 Moomba LSV
    2011 GMC 2500 Duramax