Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2012 moomba lsv wakesurf issues

Hi there, I hope someone can help with my issue.

First of all we had a 2007 Moomba lSV, we had a great surf wake and quite a good ski wake as well and all around it was great boat. We had a 1235 acme prop, we used 750 lb fly high sacs in the back corners and with a few people we had a great wave.

ISSUE: we have a new 2012 Moomba lsv and we cannot get a wave or consistency like our 07. We have tried everything the same as the old boat. We are wondering if the hull has changed and therefore it is more difficult to sink the boat (so we need more ballast?) or should we be putting ballast elsewhere in the boat too? We have the 1235 Acme prop on it and have the Digital Cruise Pro.

Any help from someone who really does know the answer that has a similar boat and year would be great and thanks!

I have a 2011 LSV and it's the same Hull. Last year I ran 750 in each rear. Only filled the rear surf side locker full, 370 tube sack under the seats where the cooler was, and 370 in the ski Locker. Had the wake plate 3/4 of the way up and we had a pretty good wave.

This year I'm running a 1100 filled full on surf side, about 40% full opposite side 1100, 370 under seats where cooler was, 370 in the ski locker and 650 IBS wakeplate about halfway up and the wave is huge and long!

To surf the goofy side we just flip the rear lockers and I fill a 370 under the goofy side seats.

Hope this helps
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Only real difference is the engine and tower, can't imagine that creating that much difference. Puzzled...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Identical wetted hull surfaces, so my guess would be either your wakeplate is not coming up as far as it should, and/or your speed is not accurate or holding speed. Have you GPS calibrated the speedo yet?

I also think you'd like the 1100s in the rear, but that's a bandaid at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    I have a 2011 LSV and it's the same Hull. Last year I ran 750 in each rear. Only filled the rear surf side locker full, 370 tube sack under the seats where the cooler was, and 370 in the ski Locker. Had the wake plate 3/4 of the way up and we had a pretty good wave.

This year I'm running a 1100 filled full on surf side, about 40% full opposite side 1100, 370 under seats where cooler was, 370 in the ski locker and 650 IBS wakeplate about halfway up and the wave is huge and long!

To surf the goofy side we just flip the rear lockers and I fill a 370 under the goofy side seats.

Hope this helps
    So when you go goofy, do you have the port side 1100 filled? I always thought goofy side didn't want any weight in the other rear bag.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    So when you go goofy, do you have the port side 1100 filled? I always thought goofy side didn't want any weight in the other rear bag.
    We haven't surfed the goofy side yet so Im not sure just yet. I will see this weekend as this will be the first time my goofy rider will be riding.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Are you sure the bags are getting full? I think a few on here have suffered from their rear ballast bags not filling all the way. Be sure to check that next time out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

^^ Or they fill full but then start leaking off.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hi there, I hope someone can help with my issue.

First of all we had a 2007 Moomba lSV, we had a great surf wake and quite a good ski wake as well and all around it was great boat. We had a 1235 acme prop, we used 750 lb fly high sacs in the back corners and with a few people we had a great wave.

ISSUE: we have a new 2012 Moomba lsv and we cannot get a wave or consistency like our 07. We have tried everything the same as the old boat. We are wondering if the hull has changed and therefore it is more difficult to sink the boat (so we need more ballast?) or should we be putting ballast elsewhere in the boat too? We have the 1235 Acme prop on it and have the Digital Cruise Pro.

Any help from someone who really does know the answer that has a similar boat and year would be great and thanks!
    The Hulls are the same under the rub Rail so ideally it should run the same wave in both boats.

You didnt mention if your running Regular or Goofy but non the less i think the difference is the Speed control.

So fare in the mojo my biggest complaint surfing is Speed Control Consistency.
    I will set it at 10.5 or 10.8 and the boat says its going that speed but in reality its not.
    Its always going slower.

Even when i get a good wave, the second and 3rd pulls are not the same wave.

What i have been doing to combat this problem is using the RPMS as my standard. I recently did a calibration on the Speed control yesterday but it was at the end of the day and wasn't able to test out my changes.

With your weighting only difference might be the hard tank, I cant recall if its also 500 in the LSV as it is in the Mojo but honestly this wont matter as much as long as its getting filled all the way.

If possible can you snap a few pictures of the wave with no one in it to see what it looks like. Also note the Speed and what exact weight bags you are using.

This forum can get it figured out for you.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Aren't the 07 and 12 the same boat, 13 was the change that was mojoized.

Zero off keeps the speed control constant. Best option
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold