Default prop or transmission slipping

I took my 2007 Outback direct drive out for the first run of the season this weekend. When pulling up a boarder, either the prop or transmission slipped during the hole shot within the first couple seconds of applying throttle, for just a second, and then caught and powered up to speed with no issues. This only occurred when pulling--not when throttling without a skier. I called the guy who winterized it and he said it is likely that the prop is bent and slipping rather than transmission, which shouldn't do that. Any ideas?

Default prop or transmission slipping

Check your tranny fluid level.
    2007 Supra 20SSV - 325HP - SOLD (What's Next?)

Wetsounds Rev 10's
    XS-650's
    Syn 6
    Syn 4
    WS-420

check your coupler bolts, look at your prop. let us know
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

It is most likely the tranny fluid is low. check the level and add as needed. You can visually check the prop, but that doesn't mean you will see a bend. Usually, if a prop is bent enough to cause a slippage, you will have vibrations.

Fluid is cheap and easy. Start there.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Thanks for the advice!! My prop was bent and I straightened it with a pair of pliers--probably not the best fix. But it isn't vibrating. I am planning to take the boat out this weekend so I can warm the engine up and then check and fill tranny fluid as you suggest. If that doesn't fix it I will send prop off to have it rebuilt. If neither of those things work I'll be back here.

If you're prop was bend and you repaired it with some pliers, I hate to tell you this, but it's probably still bent and running a damaged prop can cause some more issues for you. You should get a new prop, send that one off for repair and don't run the boat until you know you have a good prop on the boat.