Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

OK, so what I'm hearing is that the wave is OK, with the problem being my lack of skill?

I'll try to do better with the rope...I wasn't trying to cheat, but just to keep it in my hand to save myself if I was going backwards...that would save the boat having to turn around and come get me.

It's hard to see in the video, but the couple of times the line got really slack, the tip of my board was practically on the swim platform. Obviously I decelerated at that point, but too much.
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

I think you've got it!

It's hard not to cheat with the rope, but a few tricks have been put out there for you. Keep a very light grip/barely hold it until really needed, keep it in your back hand, shorten it up so you don't have that massive coil.

Try to get the wave a bit longer so you're not up on the platform, but know that with your boat, you're going to have to ride close to it. It will take more forward weight than back to stay in position.

You're very close and you'll have it after another weekend of working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dhyams View Post
    OK, so what I'm hearing is that the wave is OK, with the problem being my lack of skill?

I'll try to do better with the rope...I wasn't trying to cheat, but just to keep it in my hand to save myself if I was going backwards...that would save the boat having to turn around and come get me.

It's hard to see in the video, but the couple of times the line got really slack, the tip of my board was practically on the swim platform. Obviously I decelerated at that point, but too much.
    It takes a lot of practice, those people you see or hear about getting up there first day and free roping it are on dialed in waves, with a crew member who knows how to surf and can direct everything to them to make them successful the first time up.

Other then all the great advise you have be given so fare, i would in general move both feet forward on the board. You dont need your back foot way back there in the back.

Since your wave and pocket are short you don't need to much back foot to get out of the wave.
    Moving both feet forward also stops the <reaction> of leaving back when you catch the wave.

Also realistically don't expect to catch the pocket and stand there and surf in it, its a constant slowly leaning forward and back this helps create push under your board.

Think about the boat, you can hear the engine constantly changing tones, and if you have Perfect pass you will see it always speeding up and slowing down a little, this is due to drag on the boat, water, and waves. Same thing for you on your surf board.

First move up on the board a little, second, slow your movements, it takes a second or 2 for the board to respond to your forward and back so you will be over correcting a lot.

As for the rope, shorten it up a bit so you don't have a ton to hold onto. I personally have no problem with someone holding the rope so I'm not constantly turning around, i do have a problem if they are surfing with slack a lot and holding the rope LOL. Then i think its a crutch. At your level of surfing its not a crutch at all.

I tend to like to hold the rope in my leading hand, so as i fall out of the wave a little i can extend my arm and still try to catch the wave before i lose it, but thats me.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]