Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Yet another weighting question

Center full, surf side full, 10.0mph and Wakeplate all the way up.

When the above doesn't satisfy you, add 1,100's in the rear, 370 under port seats and an IBS.

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Any updates? How far back from the boat are you riding?
    Just a non-update really...I tried surfing again last weekend, and this time I even had extra adults in the boat, and still couldn't do it. I forgot the camera for a video, so when I manage to not forget it, I'll post a video of the wave (and perhaps me trying to surf).
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Default Yet another weighting question

My boat is a little different but I noticed putting weight on both sides in the bow messes my wave up. I just run the plate 3/4 the way up, 750 port rear, 300 port bow and around 10-10.5. And anyone in the boat sits on the port side.

I'm still not able to catch the wave...I have a video this time though! Any advice very welcome! I'm beginning to think that board is too small for me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hldu4s53xqwl5x/Wave.mp4

That's going 9.5 if I remember right, wakeplate down I think, 750 in left locker, ski locker full, front bags partially full, 05 lsv.
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

every time that rope gets the bend in it - you're surfing! and, every time you transfer your weight backwards, you're shooting yourself right back over the wave.

LET GO OF THE ROPE! Especially with your lead/left hand. Shorten that rope up, too so you don't have that massive coil in your right hand. You need a bit more bend in the knee, upper body leaning towards the boat more/more weight on your forward/left foot. You will find that it takes more forward weight to stay in the pocket than backward weight to brake & fall out of the pocket. With your boat, you will be surfing fairly close to the platform.

LET GO OF THE ROPE! You're using it as a crutch to stay in the wave. You need to feel the weight shift required to stay in the wave. Don't use the rope until you've fallen over the back of the wave and then use it to power yourself back up & over and back into the pocket. Your arm shouldn't straighten out until you've completely lost it. With that board, you're going to need to work the board by pumping (small ollies) to stay in the wave.

Make sure the wakeplate is UP, not down, and get the speed to 9.8-10.2, fill the front bag 100%.

You are ALMOST there! Nothing wrong with the board. You will get the hang of it soon and start having a lot of fun on that board. You just need some work on technique, not equipment.

Hope that helps next time you go out and ride.

Sorry, correction to what I said about the wake plate to clarify...maybe I'm getting the terminology backwards...but it was UP, meaning that the back end of the boat was dug in with the bow raised up.
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Default Re: Yet another weighting question

Yea. Looks like your surfing to me but you're cheating holding the rope like that. Hold the end and only use it when you fall off the wave completely. Also pick a spot on the platform when you get slack in the rope note the distance from the platform to your board tip.. Then by shifting your weight try to keep that same distance without pulling on the rope.. You want to keep your rope hand near your body or else it'll throw off your center..

I didn't watch the whole video, but right at sec 00:22/23 that's where you want to be to to start.. The rest you were to far back..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by parrothd; 06-11-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Yea. Looks like your surfing to me but you're cheating holding the rope like that. Hold the end and only use it when you fall off the wave completely. Also pick a spot on the platform when you get slack in the rope note the distance from the platform to your board tip.. Then by shifting your weight try to keep that same distance without pulling on the rope.. You want to keep your rope hand near your body or else it'll throw off your center..

I didn't watch the whole video, but right at sec 00:22/23 that's where you want to be to to start.. The rest you were to far back..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Correction more like 00:21 00:22 the meaty party of the wave..
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Looks like the nose of the board is riding up a little for the most part, so you have a bit more room to put your weight forward, as already mentioned, before you pearl/bury the nose. My IS Squirt is right on the verge of pearling about 1/2 the time unless my wave is big big. Still very ridable once you get the feel for it. And you WILL!

Not that you can control this much - but smoother water would be your friend too...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

OK, so boat sounds like it's set up right. Maybe move the wakeplate to 3/4 to give a bit more length and space to catch back up. Don't want to overload you with too many bits of advice, but parrot mentioned a good one. There should be a black & silver sticker on the rear, port corner of your boat that reads something about "World Championship Wakeboard Boat" or something like that. Focus your eyes & point the tip of the board at that sticker.