Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a pic of the wave on my 2006 LSV with just a 750 in the rear locker and 400 in the front, no IBS, 2 kids and wife on board. If your wave looks something like that, then you just need to practice. Give it a little time. You say you are a first time surfer and weigh 210 lbs so I think it's a little unrealistic to expect that you will be able to freeride right away. You have to get a feel for it. Also, it would help if you got a little bigger and floatier (surf style instead of skim style) board.

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

berg:

I'm 210. The kids ride the same board and they are both around 120....one of them was able to freeride for a brief moment (more because of lack of technique than lack of wave).

I'm definitely pointing into the wave...I made an effort to put a little more weight on the toeside edge of the board, figuring that I needed to counteract the wave slope by edging into the wave a slight amount.

My feet weren't as far back as what you're describing though...the only time my foot touched the traction pad hump was one time that I almost fell. I was trying to keep my weight well forward thinking that would give me more speed.
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    This is a pic of the wave on my 2006 LSV with just a 750 in the rear locker and 400 in the front, no IBS, 2 kids and wife on board. If your wave looks something like that, then you just need to practice. Give it a little time. You say you are a first time surfer and weigh 210 lbs so I think it's a little unrealistic to expect that you will be able to freeride right away. You have to get a feel for it. Also, it would help if you got a little bigger and floatier (surf style instead of skim style) board.
    My wave looks similar, but not nearly that clean. And yeah, I don't expect to be freeriding like a pro...I just figured that I would find somewhere that the rope would slack, but never found it. The first day I tried there was a slight slackening a couple of times; yesterday not a chance...I was pulling hard on the rope the entire time.
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Man that is a clean wave Al...

I think we need video. Easier to see it and suggest tweaks.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Yet another weighting question

Your going too fast. With my OBV we started around 8-9mph and are increasing speed as we add weight. With your setup start try 8 mph. I was 220lbs+ when I started (now 202 woohoo!) and at much over 9 mph the boat would leave my ass, and I was on a hyperlite landlock. First time I tried surfing was on a friends broadcast, it wouldn't come close to floating me/letting me go rope less. I ordered the landlock and was shredding next time out with your ballast setup at 8-9 mph.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Too much weight on back foot is my guess. Even with front foot further forward you can still have too much weight on your back foot. With the weight your talking about your should have enough push. I could surf my 2009 LS with stock weight. It sucked but it worked. Probably going too fast also. Keep practicing! If your pulling hard on the rope your probably leaning back too much.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I think you're going too fast.
    10.5 works perfect for me but I run extra nose weight (ibs) and also run an additional 750 in the seating area.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Salyers View Post
    Too much weight on back foot is my guess.
    Dude I'm telling you - keep that back foot at the on the traction bump! Not all your weight on it, but after 2 years on this board that's where you want it planted. I'm 6'3 about 205 and that's where this board likes to be ridden regardless of your weight. Kids have been on it further up and are all squirrely and impossible to free ride. They plant their foot back there and boom they've got it.

Dial in your wave and then figuring out your riding stance will be easier fo sho.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Yet another weighting question

Any updates? How far back from the boat are you riding?
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

What's the recipe for surfing a 13 LSV with stock ballast?

The weather has been horrible and I've been trying to add hours in-between storms every weekend since it showed up. I got a couple hours to go before break-in is done and I haven't messed around with the bags much until I finish that. This weekend isn't looking any better either, but, at least I know the heaters are working!
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5