Default Roswell speaker problem

Hi I have 2 roswell speakers on my v2 tower. My boat have 80 hours and one speaker doesn't work. Are these speakers supposed to be good quality?

I let the speakers on the boat during winter. The boat is in a portable garage non heated. Do you think that this could explain the reason why the speaker stopped to work? Do you remove your speakers during winter? I m in canada and the winter are very cold.

Are there other person who has problem with there roswell speaker?

Thanks
    Mobius LSV 2011
    GIII, V2 Tower, Indmar 325,

Hans,

What you describe sounds more like a lose or broken connection, rather then a faulty speaker or amp. I would do a visual inspection of the RCA cables at the head-unit and the amp, as well as the speaker wire connections as the amp. If the tower folds down and has a connector in the harness to allow it to fold down, inspect it close as well. If all looks good there, then swap the RCA cables at the amp driving the tower speaker. If the symptom stays, its between the speaker and the amp. If the problem moves, its between the head-unit and the amp. After this, its time to get the DVOM out and do some testing.

hans,
    As long as the speakers are in a boat that is stored out of the direct elements then the very low winter temperature would not affect the speaker any more than if the speaker is mounted in a car door. Frozen water could damage speakers but that sounds unlikely. I agree with Mike (MLA), the cold winter is only a coincidence and you probably have another issue or another cause.

David

I m sure that the speaker is the problem because I have connected the working speaker at the place of the faulty speaker and it works great. The faulty speaker doesn't work at the place of the good speaker. So the connection should be ok. Yes I store my boat with the tower folded down so I though that maybe the consensation can go at the bottom of the speaker and then freeze.........
    Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Hans,

What you describe sounds more like a lose or broken connection, rather then a faulty speaker or amp. I would do a visual inspection of the RCA cables at the head-unit and the amp, as well as the speaker wire connections as the amp. If the tower folds down and has a connector in the harness to allow it to fold down, inspect it close as well. If all looks good there, then swap the RCA cables at the amp driving the tower speaker. If the symptom stays, its between the speaker and the amp. If the problem moves, its between the head-unit and the amp. After this, its time to get the DVOM out and do some testing.
    Mobius LSV 2011

Id chalk it up to a fluke then. If you a digital ohm meter, check the speaker just to see.

I shipped the speaker to rosewell and they repaired it for free..........just have to pay the shipping to send it
    They said it was a loose wire

Now that everything work fine I m waiting for good weather
    Mobius LSV 2011