Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default first time surfing

I haven't. I just deal with the slight bowing of the panels. Search the forum as others have done it and several different ways. Moombadaze recently did it on his 2013 LSV, mandley on his 08 LSV (not sure he got to his Mojo yet) and many others.

Thanks for the quick response. After I posted my response I see that it is only $40 more dollars for the 1100 pound bags. Is that smart idea for my 09 outback V or stick with the 750's?

I'd stick with the 750's in the OBV.

Thanks for your help!!! So what about a sac in the bow under the bow filler cushion. Would that help? I dont think I want an IBS right now because I dont want to lose the storage space.
    2012 Moomba Mojo

It would help but its not really far enough forwart to really sink the nose down. it would be better than notthing at all.

The IBS will help to increase the length of the pocket or surfable part of the wave. It is highly recommended. If you don't add some weight to the front with 1100lbs in the rear corner you'll have a huge wave, but you won't be able to get too far behind the boat.

If you are brand new to surfing then you really don't want a big wave right away. A nice medium sized wave with good push is what u want. We are just telling u what you'll want by the middle of summer. Also take one of your current 400lb sacs and put it under the passenger seat closest to the rear of the side your surfing on.

If u get these 3 bags 1100(2) and the IBS you won't need anything else......until u get into custom sacs like a couple of us are talking about doing.
    Last edited by Salyers; 05-12-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

While I agree with the advice these guys are giving you on what bags will work best (and I do not have a mojo, or ridden in/ behind one), I would be surprised if you could not get started surfing with your stock setup.

Guys, feel free to shoot me down, but the op is asking if the mojo will allow them to get started and learn to surf with a stock setup. surely it will, right? I started surfing with the stock setup on my lsv and then upgraded the bags from there. Not everyone loves to surf as much as most of you and I do, so maybe they can try it out and figure out the priorities versus cost to them. Sometimes a more mellow wave can allow a person to feel more comfortable with a new thing.

I say go and spend some time surfing your stock setup first and then decide what works for you.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

It all depends on your tolerance for frustration.

The Mojo is a pretty big boat and it takes a bit to get it to lean and produce a decent surf wave. If you don't want to spend any coin and try out surfing, then take Mike's advice and fill the center and stack the bags in the rear surf corner.

Default Re: first time surfing

How do the 1100 pound sacks effect wakeboarding. I cant imagine using that much weight in the back. it seems like it would be pretty hard to make sure they both have the same weight as to not wash out the wake on one side or the other.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
    2012 Moomba Mojo

turn on both fill switches at the same time and watch one side. when they are half full give or take, shut off and watch wake. use your people to adjust side to side for wash issues. you(as the driver) can also watch the wake and top off one side or the other as you pull.
    personally, I like to take the second set behind a boat and drive the first to make sure the wake is where it should be. as the owner/driver, I know what I need to do to get the best wake.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Hey there PDX been reading the thread just giving people a chance to get there input in.

For surfing the mojo, i have surfed it with 650s, 900, 1100, 1180, apx 1500 in the rear of the boat.
    I have also surfed it with 500, 950, 1050, and 1500 in the nose.

Surfed it from everything between 9.5mph and 12.5 mph for speeds.

I already have 24 hours on my new boat and 22 of them are surfing and working on the surf wave.

I have a lot of bags and options we could try on your Mojo and see what you really like without you spending any money up front. Just pick a Sun Mon Tues and ill meet you at Hagg with my gear, we will try each combo and see what you prefer to start with. Also most all my bags are for sale and it would be cheaper then going new, yet all my bags are only 2 months old LOL.

Send me a PM if you want my cell and we should meet up. Also id be more then willing to take you and your family out in our Mojo and show you what a Saced out Mojo can do.

I just got my Enzo 1500 L bag in and with my 1050 in the nose i think i will finally have the bog long surf wave i prefer.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]