Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default first time surfing

looking for a little advice on surfing with a 2012 mojo with factory ballast (2 450lb bags in the back lockers, and the hard tank). So my previous boat was on I/O so we have never surfed before. my main thing i want to know is if the boat is surf-able with just the factory ballast? just keep in mind that i am not looking for the best wave ever, just something to learn and have fun on at first.

thanks
    2012 Moomba Mojo

Get bigger bags

But seriously, if u can't get new bags at the moment u could fill and then cap off the first bag then hook up the second bag and fill it in the same locker.

Best bet is either to get bigger bags or lots of people to use as ballast!
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by Salyers View Post
    Get bigger bags

But seriously, if u can't get new bags at the moment u could fill and then cap off the first bag then hook up the second bag and fill it in the same locker.

Best bet is either to get bigger bags or lots of people to use as ballast!
    are you recommending i just get bigger bags for the back? would 750's work? i would like to keep so room back there for storage.
    2012 Moomba Mojo

maybe i could just use my sister as a ballast system
    2012 Moomba Mojo

You should get 1100s and an IBS. Lots of info on here regarding weighting a Mojo. Look for post by Wolfeman and mmandley. I think most run 1100s in rear 400s under side seats, Center tank/bag and an IBS. That is also what I run in my LSV.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Thoughts on an 09 Outback V ballast for surfing. I have the Gravity III system currently, I saw some 750lb bags at my local sports store today for $150. Would it be as easy as unplugging my current bags and plugging the new ones in? Not sure if there is a standard on the fill connection?

I don t know for the Mojo but with the lsv yes you can surf with only the stock ballast but the wake as not a lot of push so it is harder for a beginner because you really have to stay in the sweet spot and this spot is not long. for me bigger bags= easier and much more fun. I run the same bags as E4Nash in my Lsv and the wave is a lot longer and has a lot of push.......so you don t have to fight to stay on the wave....
    Mobius LSV 2011
    GIII, V2 Tower, Indmar 325,

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    You should get 1100s and an IBS. Lots of info on here regarding weighting a Mojo. Look for post by Wolfeman and mmandley. I think most run 1100s in rear 400s under side seats, Center tank/bag and an IBS. That is also what I run in my LSV.
    This is the way to go with a Mojo. You'll get frustrated trying with just the stock bags. At a minimum, you need the 1,100 for the surf side.

Quote Originally Posted by TuxRaptor View Post
    Thoughts on an 09 Outback V ballast for surfing. I have the Gravity III system currently, I saw some 750lb bags at my local sports store today for $150. Would it be as easy as unplugging my current bags and plugging the new ones in? Not sure if there is a standard on the fill connection?
    Buy them & you'll be happy. Might be plug & play, but there are 3/4" and 1" fittings out there. I think your boat has 3/4", but if those bags have 1", you can order new ones from wakemakers.com and swap them out.

Do I need to support the wall next to the engine compartment with the 1100's in there? And if so how?
    2012 Moomba Mojo