Default Which model to buy?

All,

Looking to change from a "go-fast-boat" to a SKI boat (my college age son is into slalom). Looking for a used ski boat to use on a lake in Georgia. Any suggestions on which model?

I have an "extra" Mecruiser 350 (just rebuilt) that I would like to use if I can find the right model that might need an engine.....

Any input would be appreciated.

If your looking for a true ski boat. Moomba Outback DD. If you want to comprimise a little and want to wakeboard and surf moreso Than a few different models will work most being Vdrives.

Moomba Outback is the only recent and or current Skiers choice boat that is really rated as a ski boat and if you intend to ski slalom course with , the only one i would recommend.
    07 Outback DD

Default Which model to buy?

The LS model, which was built until 2008, is a close second with a bit more room.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcgilli View Post
    All,

Looking to change from a "go-fast-boat" to a SKI boat (my college age son is into slalom). Looking for a used ski boat to use on a lake in Georgia. Any suggestions on which model?

I have an "extra" Mecruiser 350 (just rebuilt) that I would like to use if I can find the right model that might need an engine.....

Any input would be appreciated.
    Encourage your son's interest by getting a direct drive tow boat. It produces the best pull and flat wake. Also, drives like a sports car and is the easiest engine to maintain for the do-it-yourselfer. Have had mine five years and, other than the hard to understand receiver, has performed wonderfully.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

the questions I would be asking are 1) is the boat for him long term, and if no then 2) what do YOU want to do with the boat once junior is out of the nest and has his own family/boat?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

YOu can find an old Boomerang cheap and they are a fantastic slalom boat. Not going to do much else with it though. I think the Outback is a lot more fun and has a little more room.

Boomerang:

http://www.reachoo.com/ads/129134809

Outback:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/3752400337.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/3766302178.html
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!