Thread: New Rope Advice

Default New Rope Advice

2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

From the looks the cost difference is mainly in the handles, the First and last are bare nylon ropes, and the middle is coated to protect it more from fraying.

Honestly when i look to buy i look for the handle type. I have found i dont like the hard foam but i like the softer leather like grips. When i wear gloves my hands are locked in and dont slip at all, with the harder foam my hands tie more quickly and are very red at the end of a ride.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    From the looks the cost difference is mainly in the handles, the First and last are bare nylon ropes, and the middle is coated to protect it more from fraying.

Honestly when i look to buy i look for the handle type. I have found i dont like the hard foam but i like the softer leather like grips. When i wear gloves my hands are locked in and dont slip at all, with the harder foam my hands tie more quickly and are very red at the end of a ride.
    Which one would you recommend mike? Or do you have any other suggestions
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Default New Rope Advice

Marketing!!! The most expensive one is the "Team" handle. Followed by the Fly which is the "lightest" one. Then the plush which you can get the cool brightly colored coated lines. Look at Straightline Sports and you will find the exact lines and handles. The difference is SL branding vs LF branding, they are the same company. Just as Proline is CWB and Accurate is Hyperlite.

With that said buy the handle that feels most comfortable to you. While you can save money buying a combo, you don't necessarily get the best overall product. My son is now using the SL Hydratak handle with SL 4mm dyneema mainline. He likes the feel of the handle and the non coated mainline is super light. It does take extra care because it can knot up very easily because its so thin but I think it's worth it with the weight savings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    Marketing!!! The most expensive one is the "Team" handle. Followed by the Fly which is the "lightest" one. Then the plush which you can get the cool brightly colored coated lines. Look at Straightline Sports and you will find the exact lines and handles. The difference is SL branding vs LF branding, they are the same company. Just as Proline is CWB and Accurate is Hyperlite.

With that said buy the handle that feels most comfortable to you. While you can save money buying a combo, you don't necessarily get the best overall product. My son is now using the SL Hydratak handle with SL 4mm dyneema mainline. He likes the feel of the handle and the non coated mainline is super light. It does take extra care because it can knot up very easily because its so thin but I think it's worth it with the weight savings.

Your right, problem is I have a 15% discount to boardco and they don't have the straightline that I want.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Default New Rope Advice

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Your right, problem is I have a 15% discount to boardco and they don't have the straightline that I want.
    Then I would go with the fly. Prefer the suede handle compared to the foam and don't like the coated lines. Just my .02

Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    Then I would go with the fly. Prefer the suede handle compared to the foam and don't like the coated lines. Just my .02

Actually this one would be cheaper

http://www.bartswatersports.com/cata...Line/index.asp
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Default New Rope Advice

http://www.slsports.com/wake-hydratak.html

http://www.amazon.com/Straight-Line-...words=Hydratak

Hydratak with dyneema 79.00 at amazon with free 2 day shipping if your an amazon prime member.

Last edited by tnbrooks01; 05-09-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Default New Rope Advice

I prefer my brightly colored line, makes it much easier to see!

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD