Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pdx 12mojo View Post
    David, what would the benefit of the swivel mount be if I mount them in the arch or side of the tower? Also, do they have quick disconnect nkw?
    When a tower has a lot of arch or the pods will be mounted on a vertical tube, a swivel mount will allow you to compensate for that arch so you can point the speaker in the optimal direction. I fixed clamp will limit you to only tilting the speaker up or down, but not in or out.

Default Re: rev10's on a 2012 mojo

Rev10s on a buddies 23lsv. Not the same tower but an example. Not sure if swivel clamps were used.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by pdx 12mojo View Post
    David, what would the benefit of the swivel mount be if I mount them in the arch or side of the tower? Also, do they have quick disconnect nkw?
    MLA answered your question but I'll add just a touch of detail. On a forward leaning vertical tubular tower a fixed clamp would have the speakers pointing a bit upward. However, a swivel clamp will allow you to position the speaker centerline level with the water. Or, the swivel collar will allow you to aim the speaker upwards slightly when the boat is pulling and squatted so they are directed more to the rider and above the head of the cockpit rear seat occupants.
    In contrast, if the horizontal tower bar has a profound front to rear radius/arc (more forward in the center) then the speakers could toe in a bit. The swivel collar can correct this also.
    In the outside corners of a forward leaning tubular tower you could conceivably have a combination of both issues that can be resolved by a swivel collar.
    A cast/flat tower will typically have mounting nutserts in a position that is true level and already corrects for the forward lean. Mounting to a horizontal and straight crossbar will also need no correction. So either of these will work fine with a fixed clamp.
    On the other matter, yes, the Wetsounds swivel collars will also allow you to rotate the speakers front to rear and offer a complete quick-disconnect. Wetsounds has also smartly engineered a safety fork into their swivel/quick-disconnect collar.

David

Wow. WTF. The op asked about original placement and size. The forum members post relevance in the only comparative they have.. Nobody on here yet has Rev 10 on a Oz tower, nor Rev 8. So we posted the closest thing available.
    Nobody tried to sway him to another brand.

David , I would assume you have lots on Rev10 installs on mojos already , so a pic would suffice, instead of the repeated dissertation on brand wars...
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Joe, I dont see any dissertation on brand wars. The OP did ask about one particular pod on his tower and a couple commented on their use of another brand speaker of a similar size. Davids post put the two different pods into perspective for the OP. His statements are true and accurate.

The comments were limited to speaker configuration on similar style towers on a mojo oz tower , since no one has was the op requested, I guess no one should have tried to help out the op with JUST pictures. Seriously?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Default rev10's on a 2012 mojo

I tend to agree with jmvotto here. David's post accusing others of beig off topic was completely unnecessary. No one was suggestion the OP buy something other than what he was asking about, they were only trying to help by giving him as much info as they have. No one pushed any other brand until David started his Exile Bashing

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I tend to agree with jmvotto here. David's post accusing others of beig off topic was completely unnecessary. No one was suggestion the OP buy something other than what he was asking about, they were only trying to help by giving him as much info as they have. No one pushed any other brand until David started his Exile Bashing

Sent from my iPhone
    So calling an 8" speaker an 8" speaker is bashing? Even when it true and factual?

OMG...break out the popcorn...another speaker battle! All the Exile guys banding together against the Wetsounds guys...Jeez...so lame...

Hate to break it to ya but this thread specifically referenced the REV10 and since the XM9 are "a totally different animal" they probably shouldn't even have been referenced outside of showing different ways to mount large speakers. No one asked for specs of or referrals to them.

FWIW I LOVE my REV10s and they will look and sound AMAZING however you hang 'em

Post on..
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I'm in for the movie
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR