Question Starter / Solenoid Question

Can just the starter solenoid be replaced on 2005 moomba LSV? Our boat has started clicking and wont turn until like the 4-5th turn key. What is the model number of the solenoid? I know it is a 4-wire setup.
    Does anyone have any pics of it? Our boat is kept in storage an hour away and it will save me a trip

Thanks!
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold

Yes, I had to have mine replace on my starter. Fortunately, there is an electric shop that had the part in stock. I think it was around $35 installed. Lots cheaper than a new starter.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Went to lake this afternoon with bad news. Boat would not start. After like 10 turn keys the boat would try to turn over but wouldn't start. I am thinking either the solenoid is shot or the starter itself. Should I take the boat to
    a mechanic, try just replacing the solenoid myself, or just replace the entire starter myself? I am kinda indecisive on how to approach the issue.
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV

In my experience, when the solenoid goes out, the starter doesn't turn over. You may get "clicks" like a weak battery. I prefer having a marine starter and I had a difficult time finding one other than the boat shop for over $250. There are only 2 bolts holding the starter in and a few wires to remove. Take a photo so you know where they go. I think it took me 10 minutes max to remove the starter, Probably 5 minutes to re-install.

Having your starter repaired ensures proper fitment and you don't have to worry about shimming in the starter if it is a replacement. I have found repairs are much cheaper than a new starter. You may not have electric shops around and it may be difficult to have it repaired.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

So you are suggesting I just replace/rebuild the starter rather than trying to just replace the solenoid first?
    http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=2460
    2014 Moomba Mobius LSV

The solenoid is attached to the starter (at least on my boat) and I had to remove the starter to access it. Also, I took the starter and all to the shop as I wasn't sure the problem was the solenoid.

YMMV.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier