Default Mufflers?? Fiberglass or what?

I was busy dewinterizing my boat yesterday and while running the boat with Fake a lake set up i noticed a tiny drip coming from the top edge of one of the muflers.It comes out at the very top edge near the end where it appears that two parts are either welded or seamed together.

I carefully scraped a little section away at this point to have a carefull look because it appears as though its really a metal/likely alluminum muffler wrapped in fibreglass. Is this correct? I have some heat activated PRIMER and PVC cement that i use for work so dabbed a tiny bit on hoping it will work/seal and should cure moreso once muffler get hot.

Anyone have some input on this? Worse case is i will keep a close watch on this as i can't get out till next weekend , Maybe a new Muffler is in store. Any idea of costs? and or how hard they are to get out and replace?
    07 Outback DD

My old Outback's mufflers were leaking i pached them with fiberglass resin mostly pin holes.
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Mikey - about 2 years ago after winterizing and flushing with anti-freeze I noticed some liquid in the bottom of the hull (under the mufflers and rear floor section). Upon further inspection I found that both mufflers were leaking in the same place right on the bottom seam where they bend up. I took them out and the "L"-bend section that hooks to the exhaust manifold hose literally came apart from the muffler On 1 of them. I called UltraMarine direct and inquired about the issue as it seemed to be defective to me. They didn't believe me at first and wanted to inspect them as they suspected overheating issues.
    I paid for shipping and sent them both in and they looked them over and then fixed them both at no charge and re-shipped them back to me. Great Company and Great Customer Service. I can't remember the guys name offhand and I did make a thread about the whole issue at the time. I can do some searching but I'll bet the info. and thread has been purged??
    Last edited by viking; 05-13-2013 at 03:58 PM.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

found it.........post #10.
    Has a link to video I took of the culprit

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Mine only has ONE pinhole to speak of , Hopefully gonna get out this weekend and check. I will see what i may or maynot have to do after this.

Viking ? What is the thread titled ? if i want to try to locate it?
    07 Outback DD

sorry - thought for sure I had posted the link to the thread?
    Here it is:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ime-Winterizer

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Ok thanks. Watched your video and its very similar to mine except my leak is about a 1/5 as much with motor running. Mine is on the topside of the muffler when its mounted in the boat. I will check it if weather holds this weekend then go from there.

I have a friend who suggested an epoxy type adhesive ,called JB Weld . may look into this option as well.
    07 Outback DD

Camp on pool 8 of Allegheny River (Adrian, PA)

Had a similar issue 2 years ago with the leaking muffler on my 2003 Outback. Found that the muffler was very weak were it connected to the rubber exhaust hose. Simply pressing on that area of the muffler with my thumb caused additional damage and cracking. I replaced the muffler with a new one I purchased from a Moomba dealer (special order). The price was around $180.00 without shipping. Here's the snag...the new muffler was not exactly the same length as the old muffler which required me to purchase a new rubber hose that goes from the exhaust header to the muffler. Take your time and do this repair correctly as the muffler is at or near the water level in and outback and could be an issue if it fails completely.
    2003 Outback
    Boat name = Lynn Syndrome
    Its a condition that runs in the family...Judy Lynn (mother-in-law) Heather Lynn (wife) & Megan Lynn (daughter)...no known cure...but the boat helps
    New boat for me on 10/9/10.

I just took my 2002 mobius lsv out this weekend for the first time this year. Within 5-6 min on the water....KABOOM!!! My muffler had literally exploded. I had just opened up the throttle and within 3-4 min is when it exploded. And my boat was instantly engulfed in white smoke. I called my local moomba dealer and got a new muffler priced at $560. Not a fun weekend.
    Goose
    -2002 Mobius LSV 350 indmar assault FI