Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where is your dripless Shaft Seal cooling water T'd in?

Curious as to where everyones driplessis T'd in? Mine was off my exhaust quick connect. It started leaking again so I T'd into the thermostat housing to rear cat exhaust dump hose as this line stays cool and was easiest. There was not enough clearance between tranny cooler drain and alternator to come off there. So far the dripless is dripless as the vesconite housing is not expanding due to hot exhaust water
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Hmmm i'll have to check mine. Season four now without issue but it sure won't hurt to look either. Thanks
    2007 Mobius LSV

Anyone here?
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

On my '10 LSV it is coming from the drain plug of the transmission cooler.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Here is a pic of the setup at the cooler. I dont know if the drain is after the cooler screen or not. I would hope so, but I have also inlet strainer before the vdrive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    Here is a pic of the setup at the cooler. I dont know if the drain is after the cooler screen or not. I would hope so, but I have also inlet strainer before the vdrive.
    That's awesome. I see yours is tight to the alternator. Not sure if I even have that much clearance on my 09. Thanks for the pic. I have a strainer as well so I see no reason I couldn't flip the cooler and have the drain at the top
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    BTW there is no screen in the tranny cooler it is honeycomb thru out so it does not matter which way it faces. Talked to indmar on this. Thanks again
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

Doug

I won't bother posting pic as I don't think the DD will help you much? But I can if you want.............

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

I'm thinking about re-routing mine to the transmission cooler like McDye, as mine is currently plumbed how DOCDRS describes his. My question is: Is there a concern on how the hose is routed? If the cooling water is gravity fed, I'm assuming you have to make sure that the hose is routed so that the water does have to go up at any point. Am I thinking about that correctly?
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Mine is t'd into the exhaust manifold quick disconnect line. I'll probably move it one day to a cooler water source.

I have noticed that the hot water drains out on to the prop crossbar on the trailer and has removed the paint when it drains down through he seal due to the very hot temps.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there