Thread: Audio Head Unit

Default Audio Head Unit

I'm in the market for a new head unit. My current HU is not located by the driver. Im curious what you guys would recommend for a head unit, I want to also have a side control as well.
    On a separate not, has anyone moved your HU over by the driver and how did you do it?
    05 Moomba LSV

Default Re: Audio Head Unit

What boat do you have and what year is it?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

05 moomba lsv
    05 Moomba LSV

Default Re: Audio Head Unit

And it doesn't have a white aeware remote to the right of the instrument cluster kinda above the throttle to control the stereo? I had an 05lsv and am going to try to give you some advice but i want to know your setup first
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by redmondson View Post
    I'm in the market for a new head unit. My current HU is not located by the driver. Im curious what you guys would recommend for a head unit, I want to also have a side control as well.
    On a separate not, has anyone moved your HU over by the driver and how did you do it?
    Here is a question to ponder in regards to relocating the head-unit closer to the helm: What function(s) do I need to do during the normal course of an outing do I need to perform on the head-unit? The reason I pose this, is because so many people almost do without the head-unit. For most people, its just an interface between our music sources and amps. Some installs do not even have a traditional head-unit.

Most all marine head-units will accept a remote. This allows the head-unit to stay where it is and have the remotes located on the helm and transom.