Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Loose hand rails

Does anyone have an issue with their hand rails coming loose? My boat has already been to the dealer once for this issue but now my right hand rail is loose again. Has anyone successfully tightened their hand rails? Did they stay tight?
    2015 Supra SE 550

Default Loose hand rails

I used the blue lock tite on mine when they came loose and it seems to be holding up. And we only put it back on hand right since we did not have a ratchet with a swivel that would fit up in there at the time

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Loose hand rails

Yeah, I had that problem as soon as I bought it...like literally it came off on the highway driving to ATL from The dealer in Birmingham. Spent almost 5 hours trying to fix it but then had enough and took it to the local dealer and they fixed it for me under warranty. Haven't had any problems since.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

I looked last night with a mirror and a flash light...it looks like a pain in the butt to get too. I guess I will spend this nice weekend trying to get it tightened.
    2015 Supra SE 550

One of mine came loose on the end closest to the bow. It was a struggle to get tightened took out the speaker, used a lot of extensions, swivel, and tape.

Default Loose hand rails

I have had the same issues as you all. I've had the starboard one in the bow fixed under warranty, after getting it hand tight on the lake. Unfortunately, it has come loose again and I am pretty sure I have tightened it myself in the last year or so anyhow.

It is super tight to get access, but if you take out the speaker, you can get it tight with extensions and the like. I might even have used one of those ratcheting wrenches, but I don't recall exactly. I might have to try the blue lock tight this time...
    Last edited by moombahighrider; 05-03-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

The bow rails mount to our boats using a stud that threads into the bow rail, then when installed on the boat has a nut and washer that tightens the rail and stud to the gelcoat/fiberglass. Unfortunately these rails can loosen over time from vibration and stress. The stud closest to the windshied is usually the easiest to access by crawling under the driver's console area. In most cases you should find a nut, washer, and white square block of reinforcement material. The stud closest to the bow is a little harder to get to. In most models you can remove the bow speaker and with an extension or combination of extensions and a 1/2" socket, you can reach the other stud. In extreme cases, the fiberglass or composite area in which the speaker mounts to must be made slightly larger in order to fit your arm into the hole. When the speaker is reinstalled it will still cover the larger hole.

If your bow rails ever do loosen or come completely off, I would recommend using loctite on both ends of the stud. Also, remember this is a bow grab rail. You should not use it to tie off any items such as anchors or dock lines.

Jon Allen
    Skeir's Choice Customer Service
    865-983-9924 ext 148

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The bow rails mount to our boats using a stud that threads into the bow rail, then when installed on the boat has a nut and washer that tightens the rail and stud to the gelcoat/fiberglass. Unfortunately these rails can loosen over time from vibration and stress. The stud closest to the windshied is usually the easiest to access by crawling under the driver's console area. In most cases you should find a nut, washer, and white square block of reinforcement material. The stud closest to the bow is a little harder to get to. In most models you can remove the bow speaker and with an extension or combination of extensions and a 1/2" socket, you can reach the other stud. In extreme cases, the fiberglass or composite area in which the speaker mounts to must be made slightly larger in order to fit your arm into the hole. When the speaker is reinstalled it will still cover the larger hole.

If your bow rails ever do loosen or come completely off, I would recommend using loctite on both ends of the stud. Also, remember this is a bow grab rail. You should not use it to tie off any items such as anchors or dock lines.

Jon Allen
    Skeir's Choice Customer Service
    865-983-9924 ext 148
    Because I could not fit my arm in the speaker hole I just got my fiance to do it, she has a skinnier arm lol. Skinny friends come in handy fixing these things.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Because I could not fit my arm in the speaker hole I just got my fiance to do it, she has a skinnier arm lol. Skinny friends come in handy fixing these things.
    Dang it. I don't know anyone who's skinny. Maybe I can hire someone. Of course my wallet's a little thin right now.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I think mine came with lock washers? A nylock nut could probably work as well.