Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think mine came with lock washers? A nylock nut could probably work as well.

I hate nylock nuts for hard to reach places. You have to use a tool all the way. No finger loosening or tightening. Better to use a good lock washer.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

My daughter’s arm was small enough to get to the nut and get it tight.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Default Loose hand rails

Mine came loose. Removed the speaker, side seat cushion and front cushion. Used my son to help through speaker hole, guide a long flexible extension on the end of a nut driver with deep 1/2 socket. Which I tightened from under the front cushion. Used loctite on all from then on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Bow rail rear bolt problem: FIXED

So....I too have fallen victim to the "loose bow rail" problem. After reading all of your post I pretty much knew I was in for a treat and thought I was going to need a good day to probably get it done due to expected frustrations. The good news is I tried to tackle this on a Monday night after I was able to slide out of work a little early, therefore I was looking for a challenge I guess.

In the midst of my challenge I have found a pretty fast way to get to the rear port and starboard front rails point if you are having to replace the entire bolt.

What I ended up using is kind out there but it worked to basically give me a easy way to have the bolt in place. I had some electrical wire (standard 8 gauge style auto wire ) heat shrink tubing that goes over your wires and you heat it up to protect your wire such as on a utility trailer. I fished the tubing though the top of the bolt hole for the rail and fed it though the storage compartment so that I could place the bolt into the end. This allowed me to pull the bolt to the top with the socket set and extensions taped to the bolt itself. After I tightened up the bolt to the rail with RED lock tight I was good to go and I was able to tighten it up in about 45 minutes.

Just thought I would share that for the masses in hopes of making someones life easier. FYI....I still had to try out for circus by doing a little bending around of my arm, but thankfully not too much.

Default Loose hand rails

Nice. I always dropped fishing line through the hole and tied it to the bolt. Your way probably lines up better.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Yes, but it looks like I have to tackle the front bolt now after this long weekend! Yeah for challenges towards the end of the boating season.
    Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    Nice. I always dropped fishing line through the hole and tied it to the bolt. Your way probably lines up better.

Well....for those that are wondering.....I was finally able to get my front rail bolt tight after buying some flex socks that were listed above. I ended up going though the speaker opening to go around my wire bundle that is so tactically tucked up in the way of the bolt hole. I seriously only spent about 45 minutes told with using the flex extensions on my 3/8's drive socket.

Long story short.....INVEST IN THEM AND SOME RED LOCK TIGHT IF YOU HAVE RAILS THAT YOU WANT TO TIGHTEN UP!!
    Garl Wilson
    2011 Mobuis LSV

With the right tools, this is a piece of cake. Without the right tools, this is practically impossible. What are the right tools? These: http://www.amazon.com/Anytime-Tools-...cket+extension

These flexible socket extensions made it super easy for me. I went in through the speaker hole. I used blue locktite on the bolt going into the handrail. I had my niece, who has much smaller arms then I do, reach in through the hole and put the nut and washers on and then tighten it as much as she could with her hand. Then I went up through the bottom with the flexible extensions. My niece attached the socket onto the nut and held it in place while I tightened it up. Took 10 minutes.

Don't beat yourself up. Just by these extensions and be done with it.

Garn
    Garn
    2007 Mobius LS (Direct Drive)