Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That's good to know csm, I'm trying to figure out if it's essential to run such a beast of a prop like this to be able to surf or if a smaller prop would do just as well. With this prop, there's only about 1/4" to 1/2" clearance on the bottom of the trailer guard. Not sure what the top speed with this 1235 prop is as I didn't even chance running it wide open with that huge vibration. I don't want to lose too much top end as we will be slaloming as well. What prop are you running?
    2008 Moomba Outback V
    2002 Eagle E6 Sabre Jet Boat - Sold

I think Erik is selling the prop you are looking for. Check the classifieds.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Well good thing..... the boat is like night and day with the new prop on it, no vibration at all now. I put an acme 537 on it because it's the only one I could get overnight so we could use the boat on the weekend, (sorry Erik, I'm too far away from you). I'll get the 1235 repaired and use it as a spare. Couldn't surf and let go of the rope with it but I'm pretty sure I just haven't figured out how to weight it properly. It has the stock Gravity III ballast system so I'm pretty sure I should be upgrading maybe to a 750 in the rear port side at least and try that. Is there one brand better than the other as far as just dropping it in and hooking up to my stock connections? I keep hearing about Fly High, is that the one to go with?

Cheers,
    2008 Moomba Outback V

Look at the wakemakers site or just give them a call.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

photo1.jpg

Thought I'd post a pic of the surf wave to get some feed back. Starboard and center ballast bags full, me in the driver's seat, the wife and son sitting behind me, wakeplate 3/4 up. it looks pretty good to me but maybe it could be better?
    2008 Moomba Outback V

it can always get better! just depends on what you want to spend.

that wave looks pretty good for an 08 OBV. you could add a brick to throw around and IBS if you're not too worried about dunking the nose.

I think he just invented "head surfing".
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to go back to the "loading the boat at the launch" part. Our ramp is really steep and when the trailer is backed in far enough to get the nose anywhere close to the front of the trailer, the fender wells are about 2-3 ft. under water. I'm just wondering if that's ok and that the vertical guide poles on the back of the trailer will ensure that the boat will come down on the trailer while driving out without hitting the prop on any metal part of the trailer. I've got the boat on a boat lift all summer so I've only loaded it once.
    2008 Moomba Outback V

Hey Reeder,

What lake are you at? We head out to Sylvan, and will be out on the weekend. With it being a deep launch, just pull out slowly and the boat will self correct onto the trailer without any worry of the prop. The boat itself will settle in between the wheel fenders and sit where it should. Also, just make sure you have approx. the same amount of distance between the boat and the guide poles.
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

Thanks Kidder, we're at Sturgeon, northern Alberta.
    That makes sense, that's how I ended up doing it that one time, with the wife pulling the truck and trailer out slowly and I was in the boat, hanging onto one of the vertical guide poles trying to keep it somewhat centered so that when the trailer came up to meet the bottom of the boat, that it was kind of centered. It worked but seemed like a real pain in ther arse. If I was certain that it would just align itself while pulling the truck out, I could relax a little but it looks to me like it would land right on top of the fender, maybe I'm wrong? I've been known to be wrong before a few times. Ha Ha.
    2008 Moomba Outback V