Default Swivel ski trick release

My wife is a avid swivel skier which means I have to install a trick release on our 2007 OBV, which is my issue. I went to install the trick release and have hit a few snags. If I install it where the rope goes on the pylon I cannot get the engine compartment door open. Has anyone installed a trick release and still able to open the engine compartment door? If so, which trick release and how did you install it. The only option, I can think of is having a extension piece machined to replace the dome on top of the pylon to get the release higher to allow for the door to open.
    2007 Moomba Outback V

We weren't able to come up with anything either- we actually modified the boom piece/adaptor that connects to the pylon so that the trick release connects to it instead of directly to the pylon. But it is still in the way of the engine compartment... sorry no help.
    2010 LSV

Can you do it from the tower?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

It would have been alot easier to install on the tower, but the wife didn't want it that high for swivel skiing. I had to order a new custome made KW trick release from Lake Elmo Sports that has "T" handles fasteners. I can easily put in on and take it off the pylon when not using it. Works great!
    2007 Moomba Outback V