Default Swim step pad leaving black residue (help wanted)

The boats a 2004 XLV and the swim step pad seems to be breaking down. At least that is what I think is happening. No matter how much I clean it, once we hit the water it leaves a black residue on your feet and hands. This is not cool for the white interior. Anybody found a way to stop this or has had this problem? If I have to buy a seadek pad I will but at the moment it doesn't look bad, it just is acting bad. Thanks in advance.
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV

Default Re: Swim step pad leaving black residue (help wanted)

The only way is to get a seadeck swim pad. All of us that had this black pad had this problem. Its a bummer.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Seadek isn't the only way. . .

It's a good way, but you can buy products as good as, or better, in sheets and DIY as e4nash and others have done. Options include Gator Grip and Agenda

http://agendasurf.com/dir/index.php/

Default Re: Swim step pad leaving black residue (help wanted)

Sorry I didnt necessarily mean seadeck specifically. What I meant to say was youll have to remove the black pad and go with something else.
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

I have the same problem, people go out, come back in and usually get an earfull from me about how they got my interior dirty lol finally realized it wasn't their fault! I am going to have to order something as well because there is no fixing it! or BETTER YET buy the new surf platform for the Mojo!
    2014 Moomba Mojo- Exiled Out!!
    04 XLV- 2 REV 10's & REV410- All JL Audio amps

Thanks for the input. Kinda what I figured but thought it was worth the shot.
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV

As others have mentioned, a lot of us had the same problem. We went with a SeaDek pad as I know my cutting and finishing skills would result in a crappy install that would tick me off every time I looked at it. Others have done great jobs doing it themselves. Hydro-turf, gator grip, and even the SeaDek material (I think Overton's sells it) comes in sheets large enough to cover the platform in one piece.
    2008 Outback V

On my Outback I made a pattern and used it to cut gator grip with scissors. It looked pretty dang good. Ordered the SeaDek pad for the LSV. Love it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!