Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I dont know to much about the specific differences in the boats. But more of a rule of thumb, Mastercraft will have more "bling" to it such as stiching on the seats, pieces of trim in aluminum or stainless steel, more/different electronics. Moomba is to a chevy as Mastercraft is a cadillac. For some people its a status symbol too.

Indmar manufactures alot of engines for different makes. I believe they are mostly the same with the exception of a different tune or intake, to make slightly more or less hp. Each boat brand gives it their own name, such as Monsoon, Assault, MCX.

I think you will notice there is a big difference in a 20' boat vs 23'. XLV is also 8" wider. Might be something to consider if you have garage limitations. But there is also never enough room on a boat, once you load it with people and their stuff along with the boat gear. Just some food for thought.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

what do you want to do? waterski and pull tubes, the x2 is a solid boat and will do so burning less gas than the xlv due to it's size/weight. wakeboard, both will be good, with the xlv taking more weight to get the wave, but there's more room for weight. surfing, xlv all day long. x2 is a good surfboat, but you can't beat length and beam of a boat to get a longer wave with more push..

as hoop mentioned and personally going from a 20ft to a 22ft boat, 20ft are nice boats especially if you have garage/lake limitations, but I don't regret for a minute going to a 22ft boat. even though we are typically a small crew(4-5), the added room and beam makes a world of difference...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sgoyal View Post
    Kane is the best if you are a new member. I had the same issue when I started posting and he helped me out so quickly...
    You're not a new member any more. Watch out!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    what do you want to do? waterski and pull tubes, the x2 is a solid boat and will do so burning less gas than the xlv due to it's size/weight. wakeboard, both will be good, with the xlv taking more weight to get the wave, but there's more room for weight. surfing, xlv all day long. x2 is a good surfboat, but you can't beat length and beam of a boat to get a longer wave with more push..

as hoop mentioned and personally going from a 20ft to a 22ft boat, 20ft are nice boats especially if you have garage/lake limitations, but I don't regret for a minute going to a 22ft boat. even though we are typically a small crew(4-5), the added room and beam makes a world of difference...
    We're going to use the boat for wakeboarding (primarily) but also for skiing and tubing. I have yet to get into surfing since I have never been behind a boat that allowed me to and although fun it's not my main concern. we'll use it on a small lake for the most part and there won't be too many instances with more than 5-6 on the boat and it will be more common to have only 4 on it. I like the idea of having all kinds of extra room but it may not be totally necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Klewis34 View Post
    We're going to use the boat for wakeboarding (primarily) but also for skiing and tubing. I have yet to get into surfing since I have never been behind a boat that allowed me to and although fun it's not my main concern. we'll use it on a small lake for the most part and there won't be too many instances with more than 5-6 on the boat and it will be more common to have only 4 on it. I like the idea of having all kinds of extra room but it may not be totally necessary.
    For the same money I'd get the XLV for sure. Buy once, cry once...
    2017 Moomba Craz