Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

if it's as clean as he states, take it at 27.5 with gear. sell off what you don't need on craigsl and get the price under 27k everyone says they are firm, but a buying customer may change his mind.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Klewis34 View Post
    Thanks for the input! He has mentioned that we will take it out on the lake and his service technician has already agreed to go along with us which will be very helpful. I tried to post a link to the listing but it keeps getting taken down; it must be against site rules. If so i apologize as i am still fairly green on the forum.
    I would bring my own tech, his tech could be his buddy and may not tell you everything.
    2015 Supra SE 550

Quote Originally Posted by yz 2smoke View Post
    I would bring my own tech, his tech could be his buddy and may not tell you everything.
    I've considered that as well. Unfortunately due to the distance i won't be able to bring my own technician along but i might check with a boat shop near his location to see what they would charge to inspect it.

Keep posted on how the purchase goes. I'd be interested to see where the market is at the moment as new boat is always on the mind if my wife and I can see a decent return on our 04 XLV. I think 27-28 is where I'd probably expect to sell mine at even if I listed for higher.
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV

I tried to post a link to the listing but it keeps getting taken down; it must be against site rules. If so i apologize as i am still fairly green on the forum.
    Your posts are there. You just have to have a few more posts under your belt before you can post links. I approved your earlier posts. Let me know if you can't see them or if the links don't work for you. Nice looking boat!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Your posts are there. You just have to have a few more posts under your belt before you can post links. I approved your earlier posts. Let me know if you can't see them or if the links don't work for you. Nice looking boat!
    Kane is the best if you are a new member. I had the same issue when I started posting and he helped me out so quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Thanks Kane! I really appreciate it

Don't act up, though, now that you have been approved ... You don't want to see him angry.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I've considered that as well. Unfortunately due to the distance i won't be able to bring my own technician along but i might check with a boat shop near his location to see what they would charge to inspect it.
    I would not be overly worried, just use a little common sense..take it for a lake ride and make sure it comes up to temp okay and holds stable, watch the oil pressure make sure it holds good, listen to the engine for any ticks or tapping, check over the general condition, check the oil after the ride for milk..etc...you don't need to be a technician, just use common sense

don't shoot me for asking this question but there is another boat that I am considering. It's an 05 mastercraft x-2 with 500 hrs for 28500. Condition is good overall but it does have a few stains on the sundeck which looks to be from the boat cover and would likely come out. It has the MCX engine and an aftermarket prop for low end. Although it's not nearly as large of a boat, it would be fine for most outings.
    I am not too concerned about the wake; both will be excellent. I am most concerned with overall fit and finish as well as how well the boat will hold its value. What do you guys think?