Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have previously used babes on the vinyl of my old Moomba LS. I liked the way it smelled and it gave a little bit of a supple look to my old vinyl, but it didn't seem to clean very well. For anything resembling anything close to a tough stain, I had to get stronger cleaner. I also used it last fall on the brand new boat but other than the smell and again maybe making the vinyl temporarily look just a little more supple, it was hard to tell I'd even put it down. Of course there wasn't much dirty on it yet.

I just ordered a huge order of boat bling stuff. I will be picking the new boat up from the dealer on May 10 (winterization / storage / stereo work) and will report back on my experience with the boat bling. I got hte vinyl sauce, the quickie sauce, all of it. 4 different products.

As far as waxing, I used a 3M marine wax on my old boat previously with a 10 inch random orbital buffer for the outside and good old elbow grease for hte top deck. I applied once or twice a year depending on use and sun exposure. It did just fine and looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Interior;
    Malco or TotallyAwesome cleaner
    303 protectant

Exterior;
    When I do a full cleaning I use white vinegar, then re-wax. I don't have a particular favorite wax

I want to find a good spray wax to keep the boat fresh after a day on the water.
    I never experiment with vinegar (water mix). I guess, there's always first time for everything LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sgoyal View Post
    I never experiment with vinegar (water mix). I guess, there's always first time for everything LOL
    This is good remove wax and any build up, also the stronger it is the more water spots it will remove just by whiping it down. You do have to deal with the smell.

I use it on the carpets in the engine area and IBS because it stops all mold growth, also when its stored over the winter it prevents spiders from nesting in the boat as well. It only smells for a few hours then only the critters can smell it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    This is good remove wax and any build up, also the stronger it is the more water spots it will remove just by whiping it down. You do have to deal with the smell.

I use it on the carpets in the engine area and IBS because it stops all mold growth, also when its stored over the winter it prevents spiders from nesting in the boat as well. It only smells for a few hours then only the critters can smell it.
    Thanks a lot mmandley.

I second all the opinions on babes. smells yummy when going on, but doesn't really seem to "clean" stains. malco for cleaning then babes to treat it again. kept the seats in the supra looking brand new the day I sold it..

I have read that meguires for boats is the best wax out there and to stay away from regular auto waxes.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Best cleaning products ?

Boat Bling, it's a good product. No complaints.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I've been using the Boat Bling products and really like them. I've got the Hot, Vinyl and Condition Sauce.

I also just tried a product today that worked great on my brown water and rust stains called Slimy Grimy. It seems to work like the toilet bowl cleaners but it is not harsh. No gloves required, no stinging fumes and it cleared the water stains right up. They claim it is mot acidic and is safe for the environment. I'll definitely be using again.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Anyone got ideas for Blood? I think i got a small spot on the inside of the seat where it meets up with another seat. Pretty sure it was from the stereo install and some of the cuts i incurred from the fiberglass and such.

I tried my Malco, and Totally Awesome.

Cant see it unless you pull the seat out but don't really want to take and eraser to it, and would like to get it off the white.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Try cleaning it off with a little hydrogen peroxide....
    2008 LSV 1100s 650IBS Reversible Pumps w\Timers

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    Babe's Seat Soap
    Babe's Seat Saver
    Babe's Boat Brite

This stuff is great. Smells great to!
    All of the above
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...