Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Berg, why dont you let me take care of that?
    I went and opened this can of worms before we had spoken. Pretty confident the cabin plan we discussed will be copacetic.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by sgoyal View Post
    Based on Brian information, the whole diameter is around 6.3" and your boat hole cutout is around 6". So you should be able to plug Exile speakers easily in that hole.
    Ok, now im going to disagree with you If the hole is 6.0 and the center to center speaker bolt hole dia is 6.3, that leaves no deck for the screws to bite. In other words, the center of the speaker holes with be .15" away from the cutout. The diameter of a #8 screw is .164. The screw will break through into the existing 6" cutout.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Ok, now im going to disagree with you If the hole is 6.0 and the center to center speaker bolt hole dia is 6.3, that leaves no deck for the screws to bite. In other words, the center of the speaker holes with be .15" away from the cutout. The diameter of a #8 screw is .164. The screw will break through into the existing 6" cutout.
    I won't fight on it. but all I can say that I have a 6" hole in my boat and exile speakers fit in my existing hole. So it worked out for me

Quote Originally Posted by sgoyal View Post
    I won't fight on it. but all I can say that I have a 6" hole in my boat and exile speakers fit in my existing hole. So it worked out for me
    Well, I glad they have stayed put, but how many hours have you put on the boat this spring since you installed them? A few good choppy days I see the screws breaking out to the cutout as worst, or hair line cracks in a season ro two at a least. I would suggest a backing plate for you as well. This is not about a particular brand. This is about 90% of the 6.5" speakers on the market. They are all very close in their physical specs.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Well, I glad they have stayed put, but how many hours have you put on the boat this spring since you installed them? A few good choppy days I see the screws breaking out to the cutout as worst, or hair line cracks in a season ro two at a least. I would suggest a backing plate for you as well. This is not about a particular brand. This is about 90% of the 6.5" speakers on the market. They are all very close in their physical specs.
    Don't Jinx it HAHA

I had different speakers in the same hole for 1+ year. No issue. (I'm going to measure it properly over the weekend, if it's exactly 6" or less than that)

Last edited by sgoyal; 04-30-2013 at 09:07 PM.