Default tower speaker wires

Tower speaker installation in progress on my 2006 outback. Here's my concern...what is the best way to go trought the hull with all the wires ? (roswell speaker with integrated led) ? If you have any pictures to share' this would be great !!

I used the clamshell vent on my obv 07 . Others have used connectors like the Deutsch connectors.
    http://store.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/home.php?cat=306
    trying to find the thread on here with photos.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....hlight=Deutsch
    Last edited by jmvotto; 04-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

The first set of tower speakers I used a deutch connector. This gave me the ability to unplug when the tower was in the down position. I felt the downfall there was you were creating a weak point in the system and potential for failure. Nothing sucks more than loading the boat with friends and gear getting out on the lake and all of the sudden you lose your towers. My boat does not sit in a covered lift in the summer and I found I was getting moisture and have minor issues with sound clarity going to the towers. I would have to unplug and let it dry then it was 100% again.

The following summer I added (2) additional speakers and decided I was going to replace that pinned connector. You spend so much money on speakers and amps and wire for the most power and greatest sound clarity why compromise that with a “connector”? I contemplated the clam shell even purchased one to see how it would look. I ended up going with a chrome through hull. This gave me the ability to remove it if needed as unlike the connectors it’s not fastened to your boat with screws. I threaded the wire then sealed the remaining opening with silicone. http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-...ain-connectors
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Default tower speaker wires

Here is how I ran the wires on my '08 Outback;

2013 Outback V

The plugs are nice for disconnecting, but they can look kind of clunky. I went the cheap route and just drilled a hole next to the tower and one in the tower leg and then just jumped it arounf the joint. I did put a heat shrink sleeve there to protect the wires. It is not very noticable.

If you really want to be slick, I think there is a post somewhere showing a boat where they took off the tower and mounts and drilled through them so the wires are not seen at all.

Hi Brian.

do you have some pictures of your intallation ??