Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: PFD storage ideas/solutions

On my OBV, I stick 2 ski vests behind the drivers seat. I make all the kids wear theirs. The spare adults store under the observer seat and on top of the batteries. Very easy to grab if needed.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk 2
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

What I do is to stuff a few in the bow area up between the inner and outer hull in my Outback. They are not "easily accessible" but they do get out of the way. I think I can fit about 5 up there, and can still fill my front ballast sacs.

we had a coast guard lady try to tell us that they ALL needed to be OUT at all times. talk about making a boat feel small when you have 6-8 adults and life jackets all over the floor
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I think neoprene vests take up less space than the conventional orange horse collar so you might try a few of them.

Then I started thinking - come kind of zippered storage bag that would fit in the walkway of the open bow, an artificial 'playpen' area - killinig two birds with one stone.

I suppose if a guy was really clever you could devise a bag that hangs over the side to store the cheap ones in and then they double as dock bumpers??
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Default PFD storage ideas/solutions

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    I suppose if a guy was really clever you could devise a bag that hangs over the side to store the cheap ones in and then they double as dock bumpers??
    That right there is a good idea!!!
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Default PFD storage ideas/solutions

Thanks for the replies! I like the idea of using a bag of PFD's as a bow filler. I bought a bag holding 4 orange PFD's from overtons years ago that I tossed in the closed bow of my old Stars and Stripes MC, that I sold with the boat. I think I bought it from overtons. I'll look into that! I might cut the cooler out and stuff the port side with them? Thanks for the replies!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I used the starboard side rear locker as we surfed regular with the obv,

With the xlv we have plenty of storage, so they are all over.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold