Hybrid View

Default 06 outback V advice

Buddy of mine is looking at a 06 outback V. I have an 06LS and no knowledge of this boat, He wants to surf, and understands a budget. Anyone have one, surfed one, boarded one. Any knowledge or opinion is appreciated.

Thanks.
    06 Mobius LS

I had an 08 OBV. Same hull and basically same boat. We filled the center bag and threw a 750 in the port locker and had fun surfing. A shorter wave and not as tall as the Mojo, but that's to be expected. Worked great for wakeboarding, water skiing and even recreational slalom. Great all around boat, IMO.

Canuckle head has his OBV loaded with a ton (literally) more ballast for surfing. Might search some of his posts for some more info.

I have an 08 OBV also- I'm able to free surf with stock ballast and a few heavy guys on the boat. Board wake is bigger than I need- I've pulled some proficient wakeboarders that are able to do tricks that I'm pretty sure would leave me paralyzed if I attempted them. That year OBV will be lighter than the newer OBV which is a plus for towing and it also makes as nice of a ski wake as a V drive can make. I have a dedicated closed bow slalom course boat but I'm happy to free ski behind the OBV when I get a chance. The seating is not as deep and comfortable as the new generation OBV and it has a lower freeboard.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

Skiyaker is spot on in his assessment. You can create a pretty decent wave with some bags and a few extra people on board that's for sure. What I like best about my boat is that it can do it all (wake, surf & slalom) at better than average. What I don't like is the lack of room when it's sacked out for wake surfing and the low freeboard.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Default 06 outback V advice

X3. On the above posts. We did it all on our 2007 obv.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have an 06 OBV and I've free surfed with only stock ballast and the driver in the boat. When we add some big friends placed right I think the surf wave is pretty decent (although I dont have a lot to compare it to) Same goes for the wakeboard wake, with a little bit of weight I really like it, and the ski wake is great for a v-drive. Its really a great all-around boat
    '06 Outback V

I was trying to post a picture of my wave but I am unable to for some reason, I have 05lsv which I believe is the same hull, I have 650 ins, 750 rear 500 mid and 400 on the seat and two adults in the boat. I have tried all the ways to post a picture and it won't let me! sorry I will keep trying.
    My surf wave is really good, I surfed a 247 malibu lsv and my wave is better
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Default Re: 06 outback V advice

That will be my new setup I'm installing now with reversible pumps.. No more moving bags around..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I run a 750 in the rear, 750 on the seats on the same side, 400 in the centre and an IBS which I estimate at approximately 550 pounds. With all that and three full size adults plus a driver and you got yourself a pretty serious wave.
    2011 President's Trophy - Check
    2011 Western Confernece Champs - Check
    2011 Stanley Cup Champs - Not so Much....

2007 Outback V

Awesome as always. Thank you all, he's leaning hard now. He appreciates the insight and help of you all. I told him "no worries"
    06 Mobius LS