Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fulton F2 Adapter Plate

I am looking at putting on the Fulton F2 Jack and was wondering if the adapter plate is what they call the weld on plate? If not can someone point me in the correct direction of the plate. Thank you!
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

Boatmate has a bolt on plate. I think other vendors make something similar but not sure. Have you bought your jack yet?

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Thank you and no I haven't purchased yet do you have a suggestion?
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

Working on a group buy but nothing finalized yet. So might be able to save you a few bucks if you can hold off a little.

Do you know approximately how long before you order as my jack is broke and getting to the point where I am going to need it. Let me know always interested in savings! Thank you,
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Bound View Post
    Do you know approximately how long before you order as my jack is broke and getting to the point where I am going to need it. Let me know always interested in savings! Thank you,
    Note that some of these plates are sold without a hold drilled through them to allow the old, single trailer bolt to come through. In order to avoid further delay, be prepared to drill a 1/2" hole through nearly 1/2" thick metal.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Good point, Ian. That, or be prepared to cut the end of the bolt off the trailer.

Default Fulton F2 Adapter Plate

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Good point, Ian. That, or be prepared to cut the end of the bolt off the trailer.
    Yep, this is the easier route to go. Get about 1/2 way thru with the hacksaw then pop it with a 3lb maul. I had to grind it down a bit to get the plate to sit flush.

I am glad that I drilled instead of cut because I had to abort the F2 installation and reinstall the original jack for a while. The supplied split lock washers were very soft metal. They were too weak to tolerate anything near the needed torque. They spread during tightening and the result was two bent machine screws, one of which cracked and broke in the plate's threaded hole!
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini