Default Garage specs needed to fit a 21v (2008)?

Forgive me if this has been talked about and posted before but I am on my phone.

Do any of you know what the specs need to be of a garage to be able to fit a Supra 21v in with the swim step off? I'm also assuming I'd have to lower my tower too.

Reason I am asking is that the wife and I (as some of you may know from my other post) are moving to SC and in our search for a new home we're coming across all of these communities that have HOA's and there's covenants and deed restrictions for parking of boats and RVs. So that poses a problem for us. I'm just curious about the specs needed to fit my 21v in the garage.

Realistically I'd like to have a house with some property and be able to build a pole barn for my toys but that would put us a little further out (longer commute to work and lake). We found one home with 3 acres that is definitely appealing. Store the boat, have a quad or gator, be able to shoot my firearms, etc.

What size garages are yours if you fit a boat in it similar size to ours?
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Depth is 23FT. Its actually in the 22.6 range but you will want the couple of inches to spare LOL.

Height is negotiable to if you drop the tongue, have curved up or down driveway.

If at all possible get a house with an 8 foot door, this will solve that issue.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    Realistically I'd like to have a house with some property and be able to build a pole barn for my toys but that would put us a little further out (longer commute to work and lake). We found one home with 3 acres that is definitely appealing. Store the boat, have a quad or gator, be able to shoot my firearms, etc.
    Get the property!! (if that is an option)

I don't have that much room, but I have two acres with two houses on it. I lived in one while I built the other. After building three garages, then giving up one to my renter I am in the final stages of designing my pole barn for our pontoon boat and board boat. Right now I am doing the same thing, dropping the tower, moving the weekend toy car out of the way, putting the boat in (I don't have to worry about the swim step because I built that garage 28' deep), putting the car and bike back in. I cant wait to have the pole barn set up and just back up and go!!!

Another plus of some acreage is that I am finishing up a pretty nice backyard with a pizza oven, outdoor fireplace and a pool, with speakers everywhere and we can turn up the music, my kids can have as many of their friends over with no one to complain.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth (if its even worth that?), Happy house hunting!

p.s. you can always rent for a while and check out the neighborhoods.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Eric thanks for the reply and to Mike also. Ideally my option would be acreage. This house hunting is such a PITA. And it makes it more difficult that we are moving out of state since we can't really just look all over. Renting has been discussed between us and I am ok with it but she doesn't want to have to move twice (neither do I). It's a tough choice. The search continues.

Rent, rent, rent!!!! Don't buy a house in your new area till you know where the heck everything is and what's what. I got stuck in the wrong house for 7 1/2 years and moved about 2 miles away. Had it close but not right. Wish I would have rented for a while till I figured it out.

By the way, if you rent, you can build. It's very hard to own a house and build one.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Rent, rent, rent!!!! Don't buy a house in your new area till you know where the heck everything is and what's what.
    I think we all gave you this advice before, didn't we? And, sell your old crap on CList. We've moved 7 times and I won't go to a new city without renting first. There are just too many variables that you won't know about until you're there.

Your gonna need about 24-25' depth if you leave platform on. Boat with platform is right at 23 plus a little tongue space even with swing away.
    I had same issue In NY (got nasty note from village). My issue was height. I had to drop trailer as low as I could get it to get in garage door
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I think we all gave you this advice before, didn't we? And, sell your old crap on CList. We've moved 7 times and I won't go to a new city without renting first. There are just too many variables that you won't know about until you're there.
    I cant agree too much with Wolfman's points.

Rent, and don't unbox most of the stuff, it will give you time to evaluate your current list of "I gotta keep that..." list of cr@&

While packing your current stuff, chuck, sell, give most of it away. I once moved a bunch of boxes from a kitchen remodel to two new homes I built. Unpacked the boxes a couple of years ago to clean out my HT and what did I find??? wraped up mason jars and wooden spoons!!! WTF!!!!!

Always have three boxes while packing,
    1. I really do need that...
    2. I can give/sell/donate that...
    3. What is that!....

But in a new state and you are going to rush into a track home?? Unless it is the home of your dreams, don't do it!

But make sure you keep a good attitude (lots of stress while moving) and enjoy the experience. I love my current home, but I am jealous of your next adventure!!!!

Good luck and happy hunting!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Well I don't recall receiving this advice before but it could have happened. I never did have a good memory. Well, now the wife and I really need to talk.