Default Minimalist On Board Toolbox

Hey guys -

I have a simple question coming from a guy who is not the handiest of guys, has minimal experience with boat engines, will only probably try to do the most simple boat/engine repairs and will likely take the boat in for additional work if needed.

What would everyone suggest having as a bare minimum for tools in an on board toolbox? If you were to 5S a toolbox in my situation, what items do you think would remain?

I know some of you carry a lot of tools but you are probably also able to fix certain issues that I will probably not try to tackle. I am not against learning how to fix issues but I also want to be realistic and not cause additional damage. I would also prefer not to carry a bunch of tools that I won't use.

Thanks for your help!
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Minimalist,

Knife, goggles, electrical tape, fuses, regular and Philips screw driver, small and large crescent wrenches, flashlight and you should be good.

The only real thing in a new boat that might cause you a problem are fuses, and battery connections. Plus you want a knife, goggles if you get your prop wrapped in something.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Spare impeller and (10mm???) wrench plus a pair of vise grip needle nose. I like to be able to swap out an impeller.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Add to that a small set of allen wrenches - or one of those multi-size tools. My old Kicker amp connections took allen heads. I'm sure other random stuff does too.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Definetly a razor knife an mask, last year my wife slammed the boat into reverse on accident in the middle of the lake and wrapped my rope about 10 times around the prop and shaft. I would have been screwed with out it on board.
    2002 outback lsv 320 tbi
    02 f 150 supercrew lariat