Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I took all my cushions out and got it done for $1000, the carpet was $500 installed. It doesnt really matter if he goes with all white or not. i got white, red, and silver CF look. The CF look was cheaper than the white. Materials were $300. 2 local shops quoted me $2-$3k.
    1998 Moomba Outback - Indmar Assualt - Black Aerial Assault Tower - 10 inch KENWOOD Sub, amp, and Head unit - ACME prop - New interior - de-stickered - re-finished Gel-coat

That seems like a smokin deal. I think depending on the design, materials selection and how much of it you are willing to do yourself can make a big difference. The upholstery shop today told me that if I tore it apart and brought in the pieces, then reassembled that would shave off close to $800.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default Re-upholstery cost?

What grade vinyl comes in the Moomba? When I change out mine I'm def going back in with something more durable. Hell I like the stock pattern, they could just make it look identical and I would be fine with that

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    What grade vinyl comes in the Moomba? When I change out mine I'm def going back in with something more durable.
    I thought we established before that the prior owner of your boat probably cleaned it with something that stripped off the UV protectant and then let it bake in the TX sun? I don't know that I've seen or read about vinyl I a relatively new Moomba being as brittle as yours.

That said, Moomba & Supra use the same gauge vinyl and it's the industry standard. Supra sets itself apart with different textures and patterns and has the exclusive rights to use Syntec coating which is a stain protectant. You can run a Sharpie marker across the Supra vinyl and it will be able to be removed. So they claim. I don't know that I'd try it on my boat.

We got a quoote for 2500 not including carpet. Some places wanted upwards of 6k which seemed rediculous. I will see it tomrrow so I will post the results. The actual vinyl selection did not seem to impact the price much.. it is more int he labour.
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

My estimates were $4-5k, but I did have some extra stuff going on. Turning the 1 piece engine cover into a 3 piece, turning the 2 piece playpen cushions into a 3 piece. Changing the design completely so they couldn't really use the old skins for a template... There was $1k factored into that for foam replacement too for stuff that was ripped/stabbed and also for some that was just dead.

I had my boat redone, a 2000 Mobius, just a couple of years ago. Stayed with the original 3 colors and pattern and spent $2500 I chose Naugahyde instead of vinyl it did NOT include carpet. Turned out VERY NICE. Only thing I did not do was have "Moomba" embroidered into the passenger seat as it was originally. see my pictures have some before and after (I live in Central Kentucky).
    Last edited by asil210; 04-25-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I thought we established before that the prior owner of your boat probably cleaned it with something that stripped off the UV protectant and then let it bake in the TX sun? I don't know that I've seen or read about vinyl I a relatively new Moomba being as brittle as yours.

That said, Moomba & Supra use the same gauge vinyl and it's the industry standard. Supra sets itself apart with different textures and patterns and has the exclusive rights to use Syntec coating which is a stain protectant. You can run a Sharpie marker across the Supra vinyl and it will be able to be removed. So they claim. I don't know that I'd try it on my boat.
    That's true but I also thought that Moomba, being a value inboard, used thinner vinyl to keep costs down but this was based soley on an assumption. I guess any kind if vinyl that is comparable to what came in it would work.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

For my 99 Mobius, I a local shop do the removables (front bow cushion, drivers seat cushion, back bench cushion) and the trunk lid with hinge removed. Vinly only keeping the three tone colors on trunk lid. Kept the original foam. I think it was about $2K - and theoretically I was getting a deal via a friend of a friend.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off