Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garage Envy

Very nice garage, that's about half the size fo my house, Geesh I need to step my game up. How high are your garage doors?
    2011 Supra 21V
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    Wetsounds Icon8's

The entire workshop is twice the size of my house, but half of it is a rec room with a kitchen, bathroom, pool table, etc. The door is only a 9x8, so I have to fold the tower to get it in there, and it is pretty narrow. I have ripped the door jamb up a couple of times with the trailer.

I'm building a new house and workshop/garage this year, and my new garage will have 10x10+ doors so I can leave the tower up, and a door on the front and back so I can pull through.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    my new garage will have 10x10+ doors so I can leave the tower up, and a door on the front and back so I can pull through.
    When I was planning my pole building (we bought a lot to build on and then decided not to build-- bought an existing house and the lot is for sale) Moombadaze suggested the "pull through" plan. Brilliant! That is the only way to do it-- if you can. BTW, the wife won and now I'm stuck with a pool house with a 3 car garage in the country club instead of my sprawling ranch with its shop/pole building 15 miles out in the country. Anybody want to buy 4 acres?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    ...I'm building a new...workshop/garage this year, and my new garage will have 10x10+ doors so I can leave the tower up, and a door on the front and back so I can pull through.
    A few years ago, I finished our new home and used 10x10 garage doors to go with the barn look of the garage. The garage is double deep on one side, not a drive through and I wish I had gone 12' wide on the garage doors. Might not be such an issue with the drive thru setup which is definitely a sweet way to go.
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.